south beach diet

Options
anyone else started south beach recently to rid the last 10 pounds?!?!?

Replies

• TangieK
    TangieK Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Yes I just started Phase 1 4 days ago. The first couple days were rough but right now I'm feeling really good! How's it going for you? I've got somewhere between 5-15 lbs to lose (who knows...) that is left over from my pregnancies... I also had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies and am in danger of developing Type 2 diabetes so figure it's time to get things under control since I'm a carb junkie of the worst kind.

My dumb scale is busted but my pants are already feeling looser... curious what my weight is doing. Good luck to you!
  • mexigrl64
    mexigrl64 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started dieting kind of on my own this week, trying to really cut back on carbs. I just found the SBD info and I think that I'll start on that this week (once I get to the grocery store). My only concern (and I'm sure it's the concern of most people on the lower carb diets) is breakfast. I can eat eggs once in a while, but not every morning. My usual is a granola bar or cereal but those aren't allowed.

Does anyone have advice how to get through the first few weeks of these lower carb diets and have any variety in breakfast?

Thanks!

Laurie
  • cyfairslam
    cyfairslam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, so that hasn't been a concern to me.

If you stick to Phase 1, I have been pleasantly surprised that it does kill your cravings and appetite for sugar or carbs. It has been much easier to control the emotional or boredom eating.

Down 6.5 lbs after the first week. I know most is fluid, but am feeling good and happy with the start.
  • dubaigal
    dubaigal Posts: 10
    Options
    i'm on day 11 and today and its going quite okay...my weigh day is tomorrow..so far i have lost 3 pounds but i only have 10 to lose so im so happy that it's only 7 more! i

im getting married on 3rd of Sept :)

im lactose and egg intolerant so for breakfast i eat either roast beef, turkey or smoked salmon lettuce wraps....they taste quite good...i snack on nuts!

hows it going for all of you?!?!