How important is it?

Options
DturmenD
DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
So, I was surfing the net yesterday and came across an article written on Jennifer Hudson (who I must say, subliminally, is my biggest inspiration) and the secret to her recent yet DYNAMIC weight loss. And in the article it stated she cut out ALL carbs. Now, it was my understanding that not all carbs are good and not all carbs are bad. Which leads to my question, how do you know which carbs to eliminate and what carbs do you know to ingest? In order to get a complete and balanced diet along with making sure your nutrition levels aren't all out of wack. Any and all suggestions are welcomed in the this matter :-) Thanks!!!!!!

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Avoid simple carbs (white sugar, breads, starches. Eat complex carbs (whole grains breads, pasta, vegetables and such.
    Also eat most of your carbs earlier in the day so to burn them off.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    IMO carbs are most definitely not the enemy. A balanced diet is best.

Carbohydrate sources from fruits and vegetable obviously are great. Outside of those when thinking about processed carbs I try to stay away from any thing white as it has been stripped of all nutritional value. So, stick to brown, rice, bread, flour, pasta if you must and you'll be fine. :smile:
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If it grows in the ground it's good carbs. If it's wrapped in plastic, paper, cardboard, etc. It's bad carbs. :)
    That's a little simplistic. But a good starting point. Good carbs are vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. You want to take those in. You want to cut refined sugars, (candy, soda, etc.)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'd say cutting out ALL carbs isn't a helpful tip at all unless you plan on NEVER reinviting them into your diet. Cutting something out for weight loss is only going to backfire when you reintroduce it.
    But I agree with the other guy,work on cutting out "simple carbs" and try to avoid carbs later in the day.