Soooo Not Worth It!

Options
Hi all

Hubby (@FatMikeSlim) is currently cooking the Sunday dinner, yummy roast beef and veg. I always have a mini corn on the cob and thought, as its veg, nothing of it and just assumed it'd be 50 cals at the most. How Wrong Was I??? I currently have a mini corn on the cob boiling away for me at the cost of 105 cals, No Thanks!

Either Oliver can have it or the bin can, its so not worth it, I could eat a Freddo for that or get a huge bag of raw carrots and munch on them until dawn! How deceptive some veg can be!

Terri xx

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    yep - the other one to look out for is peas.... :-)
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    and brussel sprouts - 10cal each! i thought nothing of piling about a dozen on thinking they must be healthy!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Corn is classified as a grain, not a vegie.....
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    yeah i see most sites list a mini corn on the cob at 90 cals and a normal one for 120-130 but how is that possible when a normal corn on the cob seems double in size? something is off here!

i think i'm going to stay far far away from corn on the cob for a while!
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't see that as crazy high. I can totally work that into my calories. And I would enjoy every kernel. :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I know I was shocked too, I love corn on the cob. Add the butter and salt and forget it. I guess once in a while is ok but I'll stick to the Green stuff. I can eat a lot and not feel like I just ruined my day.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Corn is a grain. :wink: It's like a slice of bread, to my mind.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My bff is a clinical dietition, she says that corn, beans, peas, and squash are all considered starch, and therefore should take up no more than 1/4 of your meal.