Impossible to get a date when overweight.

Options
2»

Replies

• Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I never had a problem dating, but I also never had a self esteem issue despite my larger size and most of the guys I've dated have been extremely fit. I've dated a lifeguard, a former hockey player who was into body building, a prison guard who was also into body building, another guy into body building, and a guy in the army just to name a few.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't even have the confidence to go far enough for there to be a rejection.

same
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I think that it is more about self confidence. No matter how much I have weighed I have always had really high self confidence and have never had a problem getting a date.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Though I've been off the market for over ten years, I've been fat for the majority of my life and I never had trouble with dating. Like others, I do think confidence has a great deal to do with how you're perceived.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't even have the confidence to go far enough for there to be a rejection.

This. I literally have to be pushed into a relationship. I ignore every sign that the person feels something for me so that I don't get hurt (even if they very obviously have feelings for me), and justify it with "this person couldn't possibly. I mean, look at me."

I think it does have a lot to do with self-confidence, but the fact is that some people are just mean and shallow and will reject you just because of the way you look. It's unfortunate, but true.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    It's all about the confidence! When I was single I was still over 300lbs and I rocked so much confidence it was almost ridiculous! I only had one guy make a comment about my weight. None of the guys had been looking for a larger woman either. Just some great guys from all walks of life. Went through a period a few years back when my confidence took a nose dive and I couldn't get the attention if I had bought a big billboard. Thank goodness my husband still saw the woman he married. Now that my confidence is back in spite of still being over 300lbs guys are flirty again. I got a rock solid partner so I'm not looking but they sure are. :blushing:

My advice, not that you asked for it :happy:, is fix yourself up appearance wise however you like and just know that you are one rocking hot lady that any guy would want! Guys this goes for you too. Confidence is sexy! Not cocky though. :bigsmile:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've been known to take overweight guys with a stand-up comic's sense of humor in a heartbeat over some of the pompous pricks out there with bodies like Adonis... REALLY pisses the latter ones off (muhahaha!)