Is your coffee really worth it?

2»

Replies

• johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    I have coffee everymorning in my Shakeology. I love it!

Thats what I do also. I do 1 to 2 cups of coffee, 1 scoop shakeology and 1/2 scoop casein/whey protein, 1 tb honey every morning in a shaker. Then about a 45 - 60 minutes later I workout.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    I've started making my own iced coffee. I put i in the freezer for a while, get it cooled off and had a half school of whey protein and blend it, pour over ice. So yummy and totally worth it, plus it adds to the protein for the day!
  • Let me just say, that I was ordering before I checked the calories (naughty girl), so I was not intentionally using up 500 cals on a coffee! I personally think it's ridiculous and I will defiantly be thinking about an alternative. Thanks so much for everyone's advice (even the harsh ones =P)
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    I know it's likely been said before but I just drink regular, everyday, run-of-the-mill coffee (or the Starbucks version of same) and very few calories are added. And, yes, it's worth it for me- I need the caffeine boost! :-D

I use half and half if it's a coffee from a place, or light, powdered creamer at home and at work. I use sweeteners instead of sugar. I like it sweet-sweet - so it tastes like a treat but really isn't high in calorie.

When I want a sweet one, though, I'll have a Frappuccino LIGHT - lower calorie and yummy!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    I have one of the canned Doubleshots every morning. It's like 140 calories. I love it and definitely feel it is worth it.

During the day I make one or two iced coffee drinks using my Mr Coffee Frappe Maker. I use stevia, a little cream and skim milk and they came out to be only 60 calories or so. I can make it very strong and I like it that way.

Coffee is not your issue, it is your choice of preparation that is the problem.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    My coffee is worth it. I drink regular coffee with real half and half. I have no idea how many calories is in it.

I gave up mochas a long time ago. :( If I get coffee with a friend I'll have a skinny latte.
  • Try doing nonfat and sugar free. I love my frou frou coffee drinks but I go for a grande english toffee mocha. Nonfat milk, sf chocolate, and sf flavored syrup. And I make mine at home so I know exactly whats going into it. 90 cals on milk, 15 on chocolate, and 0 on the flavor.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Ugh, that "coffee" is a pound a week! A POUND a week! Just by dropping the dessert for breakfast. No, it's most definitely NOT worth it. That is the treat you have 2 or 3 times a year. Not daily.
  • I drink my coffee black now, it is that important to me that I gave up the Splenda and creamer about 2 months ago now.
This discussion has been closed.