Blood Sugar Numbers

Options
lauragoat
lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
Does anyone have a short, reasonable easy to remember, outline for what good sugar levels are? I tested 116 this morning after a full night sleep before eating anything and I just don't know where the good ranges are at different times of the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a diabetic nutritionist? They could give you all the info you need. Your Doctor should be able to recommend one and if you are diabetic your ins. should cover it. Our local hospital has free nutrition counseling. You could call your closest hospital and ask if they have something similar
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? Because it makes a difference.

Ideally, your fasting blood sugar will be less than 100 (without being hypo of course).
  • navyeodmom
    Options
    You also have to take into consideration whether or not you ate anything BEFORE you went to bed, i.e; ANY kind of snacks. Idealy fasting should be under 100 but it will be a bit higher if you ate anything before bed, and the amount of hours of the fast makes a difference too. My DH had a few hashbrowns and TWO buttermilk biscuits last night and his # was 115 this morning. Had he left those two things off his plate at his LATE dinner his numbers most likely would have been lower.
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bellow 125 in a fasting state and above 80.

Hamilton De La Mota, MD
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic? Because it makes a difference.

Ideally, your fasting blood sugar will be less than 100 (without being hypo of course).

Lab Corp values for fasting blood sugar I beleive is 70-99 mg per dl

My last 2 blood tests came in at 102 and 104mg per dl... my dr said its possible I'm prediabetic. ... weight lose was recomended... thats one reason I'm here !!!
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Absolutely !!!! Carbs !!!
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Once you reach above 125 it is almost absolutely affirmative that you have "diabetes"
    there's a few thing you have to consider, family history is one of them and there's a few other test that are better to diagnose i guess your doctor did them to you, unless he's not a good one.
  • poulingail
    Options
    I've been with MFP for 30 days, lost about 8 lbs, and my fasting has dropped from an avg of 120+ to below 100. I am thrilled. Maybe I can roll back some of the neuropathy in my feet as well. Just a bit of numbness now but a few more months of success and I could see improvement. My doc is going to be thrilled with the next A1c. Last one was 6.4. Yes, I'm a Type 2 diabetic on Janumet.