After my first week on MFP...

Options
rosieef
rosieef Posts: 57 Member
I have lost 1.1lbs! I know it's tiddlywinks compared to what some of you have achieved, and I've got a long way to go still, but all the same it's an achievement and I'm proud of myself!!

Replies

• Airliner
    Airliner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well, every journey begins with a step, and you have made one and congratulations to you!

I know 1 pound doesn't seem like much, but the whole point of this website is learning to lose weight in a sustainable way, and that's the way it's done ... one pound at a time!

I have just started myself, and look forward to my first check-in next Wednesday.

Best wished for a successful journey!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    No loss is a small accomplishment, and in all honesty, the slower you lose the weight, I think you are more likely to keep it off. I lost 72 pounds over the course of 15 months, and I've kept most of it off for four years. Bounced around some, gained 22, have lost 10 of that, and would like to lose about 5-8 more and keep that amount off. I was probably too thin at my lowest, and in all honestly, anytime the scale is less than 140, I'm a happy girl.
    Good luck, and continued success to you!
    Kaye
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I lost 1/2 lb, which was disappointing at first, but well, I remind myself that for the past year I steadily gained 10 lb and really felt that there was nothing I could do about it. I'm taking control back, at least, even if it's ounces at a time.

Congrats on your loss!
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    That is awesome!! They say the slower a person loses weight, the more likely the person is to keep it off!
  • koukla702
    koukla702 Posts: 171
    Options
    That is great!! You are on your way!

1 pound is awesome!!!
  • rosieef
    Options
    Thanks guys, my aim is slow and steady, it took years to gain it all so if it takes as long to lose I can't really moan can I?! It's all about being healthy in the long term.
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    if you loose 1lb each week hun in a year you will be well happy so its not a small achievement but a BIG one :smile:
  • rosieef
    Options
    if you loose 1lb each week hun in a year you will be well happy so its not a small achievement but a BIG one :smile:

So true - I'll be over the moon if I keep losing a pound a week for a year! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!