New and looking for guidance!!!!

BLC3
BLC3 Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, Everyone. My name is Brandy and I am 26 years old. I live in Florida and not a huge fan of the heat. So exercising outside of my condo isn't really for me. We do have a pool, but the pool is heated and awfully hot. I used to work-out a lot more, but I recently got into a serious relationship and for some reason the exercising daily just disappeared. Now I need to get back into it and would just like a few words of wisdom. Thanks in advance to all.

Replies

• BLC3
    BLC3 Posts: 5
    Hello, Everyone. My name is Brandy and I am 26 years old. I live in Florida and not a huge fan of the heat. So exercising outside of my condo isn't really for me. We do have a pool, but the pool is heated and awfully hot. I used to work-out a lot more, but I recently got into a serious relationship and for some reason the exercising daily just disappeared. Now I need to get back into it and would just like a few words of wisdom. Thanks in advance to all.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Well you could always join a club, or use work out DVD's, buy some type of exercise equipement, or do the exercises they have in some fitness mags. There are tons of ways to exercise w/o going outside. Welcome to MFP good luck
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    The first thing you should pay attention to is what you've just experienced, the body doesn't like to work out and when you quit for awhile it's very hard to get it to want to cooperate and that's where the mind plays games on you trying to convince you to avoid exercise at all costs. You might even find yourself rationalizing today's exercise for a try at it tomorrow and if you fall for that mental game you're going to have it even harder making a come back.

Just do something, anything that resembles working out. Don't force yourself to go overboard just do enough to feel a sweat or to make you feel the muscles burn (a good burn mind you). Each day add an additional minute to your exercise time whether running or riding a bike or elliptical. Also add an additional repetition to the set of weight exercises you do.

Be sure to pick a different muscle group to challenge every day so go to the library and look at all the exercise books out there and lay out a plan to tone and shape your shoulders, back, pecs, triceps, biceps, quads, gluts, etc. But remember that each day should include a routine that focuses on the core muscle group in your abs and that area extends all around your midriff and across your lower back.

If you do this then each day should be interesting. Each day should be a new challenge. Eventually each day you will see more and more definition.

Good Luck and stick with it because you can!
  • I am in FL too so trust me I know about the heat.

I started out doing cardio inside like Taebo or something. Now that I have been at it for a while I get up at like 6 and go for a jog. It is actually pretty cool outside at that time. Its hard to stay motivated but start taking pics. It really motivates you when you can see the difference. I wish i would have done that from the beginning. Anyways good luck! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.