I gave up but back for more

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
For those who don't know me, my name is Penny and definitley not new to trying to lose weight. Recently I completely gave up on myself, but I'm really sick of not being where and who I want to be, so I'm back for another go round. I know I just did this a few weeks ago, but I never did anything about it!!

Basically over the last little while I came to a realization about myself, and it's time to make it right. For awhile I had control over food, and while I did I was great at losing weight. But I've let it control me again and as funny as it might sound I'm pretty sure food is my drug. I use it when I'm bored, angry, stressed, sad, for social functions. I've started smoking off and on again. I'm slowly seeing old patterns reemerging and honestly it kinda freaks me out a bit!!

I've had alot of different things going on lately but I need to look them in the face and not use food as a crutch. So here I am back again for all your support and friendship. I really really want this. To be a happier healthier person. So I figure no better time to start then to a new season of biggest loser!! (my husband is getting on board too....let's see if he's up for a little friendly competition!!!) Yes the show kinda got me fired up last night with a new motivation.

So, I'm getting serious here and let's see where it leads me! See ya around the posts.....once again lol!!

Replies

• peej76
    For those who don't know me, my name is Penny and definitley not new to trying to lose weight. Recently I completely gave up on myself, but I'm really sick of not being where and who I want to be, so I'm back for another go round. I know I just did this a few weeks ago, but I never did anything about it!!

Basically over the last little while I came to a realization about myself, and it's time to make it right. For awhile I had control over food, and while I did I was great at losing weight. But I've let it control me again and as funny as it might sound I'm pretty sure food is my drug. I use it when I'm bored, angry, stressed, sad, for social functions. I've started smoking off and on again. I'm slowly seeing old patterns reemerging and honestly it kinda freaks me out a bit!!

I've had alot of different things going on lately but I need to look them in the face and not use food as a crutch. So here I am back again for all your support and friendship. I really really want this. To be a happier healthier person. So I figure no better time to start then to a new season of biggest loser!! (my husband is getting on board too....let's see if he's up for a little friendly competition!!!) Yes the show kinda got me fired up last night with a new motivation.

So, I'm getting serious here and let's see where it leads me! See ya around the posts.....once again lol!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Hey, I hope you stick with it this time. If you need any help just ask.:flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hey girlie!!!! Welcome back!!! You can do it!!! YEY YOU for getting your buns back here. :wink:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Hey!! Welcome back!!

This is your time!!!:flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    I also use food as a drug I am an addict pure and simple. I have actually started using the 12 steps of narcotics anonymous in relation to food and am finding out it works for food just like it does with drugs!!! how awesome to have a program that explains to me how to deal with so many things in life :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Hey! Welcome back :) I see u have a new picture, so cute! Good luck this time around, u can do it :)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome back Penny!:flowerforyou:
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    ycdi.jpg
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome back, Penny! :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    Thanks for the warm welcome backs!!!