Alcohol, acetate and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Nope, just spend too much time here! Just thought it was a shame that you were putting so much effort into talking to someone who isn't here anymore. You can certainly continue to if you'd like :smile: Sometimes people don't see the date on posts.
  • vonkposvonk
    vonkposvonk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :D
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato: what prompted me was alaneg's comment: "What I don't get is why it makes a difference which callories are burnt first. ".

Genuinely curious how you found the thread in the first place since you were the first poster in close to 8 years. As Kimny said this person you’re responding to is likely long gone and there are other more current discussions of keto and insulin throughout the forums.
  • InDogWeTrust
    InDogWeTrust Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    how come there are so many really thin alcoholics:))) :):):) I know they mainly consume alcohol and do not eat much but still....
  • vonkposvonk
    vonkposvonk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato. I know that one's body breaks down alcohol to acetaldehyde, and then to acetate. So I Googled "does your body burn acetate" instead of what I really wanted to know, which is "how does your body burn acetate". I like reading old posts, and to me, it does not matter that someone who started this thread 8 years ago won't read the reply. Someone might read it and find it interesting. It does seem to go against convention so I will cease and desist.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato. I know that one's body breaks down alcohol to acetaldehyde, and then to acetate. So I Googled "does your body burn acetate" instead of what I really wanted to know, which is "how does your body burn acetate". I like reading old posts, and to me, it does not matter that someone who started this thread 8 years ago won't read the reply. Someone might read it and find it interesting. It does seem to go against convention so I will cease and desist.

Part of the reason to avoid resurrecting a very old thread is that it will draw on science and popular opinions of that time, which have since been discredited or debunked. Reviving the thread can unnecessarily confuse newer/younger people by dragging in that outdated info.

Welcome to MFP!