hi everyone

I am 5ft 8 190 (trying to get to 150lbs) and am sick of getting to within 7lbs of my ideal weight and then gaining weight quicker than ever I have struggled for 2yrs now since the birth of my eldest daughter since then we have another beautiful little girl and I vowed I would get back into a size 10 did for the summer went on holiday to Disney and bought some new gear can't fit into any of it now. I am so sick of trying so hard but not getting anywhere.

Bought an elliptical trainer (hoping this would help as the weather here isn't really good enough to go running in the winter) trying to get back into the routine after Xmas used it this morning. My big downfall is starving myself (only eating 1200 cals or less per day) and not drinking enough even though my days are very active I stay at home with my 2 girls 2 3/4 and 16mnths we walk for 1 1/2hrs per day with the dogs and 3 times a week I use my crosstrainer for 30 mins.

Trying to eat more raw veg as I read that this can help boost metabolism and also drinking lots of ice cold water. don't know if it will work I won't weigh in till next week. Its hard to stay positive when nothing seems to work.

Replies

• vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    I am 5ft 8 190 (trying to get to 150lbs) and am sick of getting to within 7lbs of my ideal weight and then gaining weight quicker than ever I have struggled for 2yrs now since the birth of my eldest daughter since then we have another beautiful little girl and I vowed I would get back into a size 10 did for the summer went on holiday to Disney and bought some new gear can't fit into any of it now. I am so sick of trying so hard but not getting anywhere.

Bought an elliptical trainer (hoping this would help as the weather here isn't really good enough to go running in the winter) trying to get back into the routine after Xmas used it this morning. My big downfall is starving myself (only eating 1200 cals or less per day) and not drinking enough even though my days are very active I stay at home with my 2 girls 2 3/4 and 16mnths we walk for 1 1/2hrs per day with the dogs and 3 times a week I use my crosstrainer for 30 mins.

Trying to eat more raw veg as I read that this can help boost metabolism and also drinking lots of ice cold water. don't know if it will work I won't weigh in till next week. Its hard to stay positive when nothing seems to work.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Welcome Vicky!!
    It is nice to have you here. This is a great place to make changes in your eating habits and make new friends.

You can do this.

Love your Minnie pic.
    Eve:flowerforyou:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Welcome aboard.
    It sounds like you have gotten on diet starvation Yo Yo,
    I bet that 98% of us have been on that track at one time or another.
    IT is hard for us to understand that the way to lose weight is to eat.
    Well eat healthy foods that is.
    Your idea of the veggies is a good one, But you CAN steam them too.
    Protien is also very good for metabolism boosting. Fish and Chicken.
    Drink you water and get up and move! :happy:
    You will notice a change in short order, If you can make these life long changes instead of temporary changes you have won the battle!
    :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...