Calories left / being sick etc

helloburger
helloburger Posts: 243 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
So today has been an awful day for me, I had lunch then something came over me where I had to lay down for two hours with horrendous stomach pain! I then got up to go to the bathroom as was unbelievable sick! my stomach still feels very sore and im strangely craving salt! like mc donalds chips however I dont feel I can eat. I have 480 calories left! What do I do???? Also is there anything I can do to make my stomach feel less sore. Thank you.

Replies

• jello always helps me...is there a chicken soup that will fit into your meal plan??
  • helloburger
    im sure I can fit soup in. I just hate this sore feeling. Haven't been able to exercise either :(
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    I usually feel dry toast helps when I have an upset stomach.

Just remember to listen to your body, our diets don't need to be 100% perfect all the time, so if it's telling you not to eat then there's no reason you have to have those 480 calories.
  • Mandired78
    Mandired78 Posts: 69
    Your body is craving salt due to the electrolyte loss when you got sick...could you manage some salted crackers? Feel better soon, I am sick today as well and imam really bummed because I have been doing so well!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    When I have stomach issues but I need to eat I have a smoothie. If you're really ill though, don't worry too much about your calorie numbers. Eat something nutritious and rest up.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    I always have saltine crackers and sprite when I feel ill, Forget the calories today. Just work on getting better today.
  • helloburger
    Thank you for your advice, I will try drink some more water, and then try some crackers later. Thank you all for your advice
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    don't eat if you aren't hungry...
  • EiriniJi
    EiriniJi Posts: 6
    I totally feel you, I have a cold and have completely abandoned my diet... I am hungry all the time... :-(
    What helps me when I'm sick is boiled rice with lemon juice and some olive oil... Not the best thing you can have tastewise but my stomach seems to like it!
This discussion has been closed.