New to MFP

Options
My first post and first blog entry are the same. I'm too tired for something more original ;)

I am not sharing this with my friends or family, as it is too humiliating. I am doing no exercising today and not eating right. I am eating normal. At 1 in the afternoon, I am already 365 calories and 29+ grams of fat over. No wonder I have been gaining weight at a pace of 5 pounds a months!! Tomorrow, I am working to change that. I'm not going on a diet. I am not calling any foods off limits. I will eat anything I want until I reach 1200 calories and then stop. Period. I want to fill my meals and snacks in with more fruits and veggies (just started a garden), lean meats but still be able to enjoy sweets, only in much less abundance. I also eat A LOT of bread and biscuits. That has to stop, or at least cut back to only 1 biscuit once or twice week, not 2-3 every morning.

Seven years ago, I hit 280 and was disgusted with myself. I joined a gym, got a trainer and got down to 189. It took a little over a year of 5 days a week in the gym, an hour of cario a day followed by weights, lunges, squats....so many lunges and squats! I looked great (compared to 280!), felt great and was so happy! Now here comes the short version of how I got back to 240: I lost my gym membership during my divorce, went through a depression, gave up caring about myself and never rejoined the gm, ate a lot and gained almost all of my weight back. For some reason, the last couple of months, I can't stop eating and I have been gaining weight at a rapid, noticeable rate. I plan to change all of this.

If you're reading, thank you. It helps to know I'm not alone. I can, and will, do this. Small steps, a week at a time. I do have my high school reunion in 1 year and while I have reconnected with many of those who I was close to in HS and they have seen me at this size, I don't want anyone else to. I don't even know if I'll go but if I am close to my goal then, I might! This is my long term goal, though I will be setting much smaller, short term goals as each week passes.

Tomorrow is a new day! My family and I are going to join the Y for exercise and the rest, I will take care of in my kitchen!

Thanks, again, for reading!
Jen

Replies

• TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    First - Welcome to MFP. You have been through a lot, and I hope you see brighter days soon. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :smile:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Oh Jen.......

It is a huge fright when you fill in a food diary for the 1st time.... but we are all here on MFP to lose weight ourselves & support others to do the same.

I was getting through 2500 cals daily without realsing it, now I have an allowance of around 1600, mainly because I can't do much exercise at the moment due to health problems. But I have lost this last week (1 1/2 lbs) and I am managing tiny amounts of exercise.

I have friends who keep me going on MFP, as I hope I can help others

Last night we went out for a wonderful 3 course meal at a new local bistro.... mega cals.... but today is a new day & we don't have mega meals out very often - we all deserve a treat now & then.

Think positive, keep smiling, get some friends to chat to daily :smile:

Well done for starting on here :wink:

Di

:flowerforyou:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to MFP!
    Take each day at a time - you can do it!
    You just need to believe in yourself!
    Good luck - have sent req to offer support
    Jules x
  • AntoinetteC
    AntoinetteC Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Good luck on your journey. Take one day at a time and try to stay focused. Feel free to add me as your friend it's always better to have a friend who has your back.

Antoinette
  • Cara34
    Cara34 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm new here too, and I know exactly how you feel! I hope you do great with MFP!