NSV! NSV! NSV!

Options
My first few NSVs all came in one weekend :) Needless to say, it's been just the kind of boost I needed.

Friday night, I met my parents and a large group of family friends for a summer kick-off dinner and live music celebration. I walked up to the table, and my mom's best friend kept staring at me with this goofy grin on her face. I looked at her inquisitively, and she said, "Callie, you look fabulous! You're melting away!" She was the first person, aside from my fiance, to mention my weight loss.

Saturday morning, i went to try on my wedding dress because it FINALLY came in. I was nervous because we ordered it 2 sizes too small because I was trying to lose weight, but I didn't think I had lost enough yet for it to fit. I put it on, and not only did it fit...it was a little TOO BIG.

While in my wedding dress (so excited!), my mom took a picture; when I looked at it, I squealed and turned to look in the mirror...I HAVE COLLAR BONES! For the first time in my adult life (and since my bout with an eating disorder in high school), you can actually see my collar bones. :D
photo.jpg

And finally, at a pool party with friends last night, I walked around in a bathing suit (a 2-piece, no less) WITHOUT A COVER-UP! No extra-large towel. No long-sleeved tunic. Just me in a bathing suit...and it's been YEARS since I've done that.

I know a loss of 10 lbs is not much and I'm nowhere near my goal...but I'm starting the summer with a confidence that I haven't had in a very long time, and I am so happy.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    You look STUNNING. What a gorgeous dress. Awesome AWESOME job!!
  • aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look fab in your wedding dress, wtg
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous!! Mega congrats to you! :happy:
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    rahr!! you go gurl! 10 lbs is fanfreakintastic - what an inspiration!!:happy:
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! So impressive :o)
  • ClareB1974
    ClareB1974 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Well done :-)
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and 10 pounds is a major thing! It may not be your goal but you are working towards your goal!! 10 pounds lost is better than staying the same or gaining more!! Remember no matter how slow you move, you are still lapping the ones on the couch!!
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Your husband to be will be blown away when he sees you in that dress, you are stunning!
  • Terri_74
    Terri_74 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing!! You look fab :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You look great. THAT DRESS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, and gorgeous on you!
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!! 10 pounds is a lot and you shouldn't knock it. You look beautiful in you weeding dress and I am soooooo happy for you. Congratulations on you 1st NSVs!!! :drinker: Here's to the loveley bride!!!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful! Happy Wedding to you!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Dress, Beautiful Bride to Be. But, the most beautiful thing in the photo is the unmistakable glow that comes from feeling great about something.
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    That's amazing you. You look beautiful in your dress. Keep up the good work!! I am hoping to reach my first 10 lbs soon :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. You and the Dress!
    My Daughter is getting married in September. I'm sure your parents are as proud of you as I am of her.
    Best wishes on your new journey. In health and in life.
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Losing just 10lbs always makes a big difference!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!! I'm glad you feel great about yourself and the confidence boosts you are receiving. Keep up the great work!
  • LilChickPea
    LilChickPea Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Losing just 10lbs always makes a big difference!
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, all the way around. You look stunning and can hardly see where there is much more to go! Inspirational. Congrats!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    U look great!!!!!! I love love love your dress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!