Things my spouse does that makes me smile or laugh.

deeharley
deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
Okay, the two "annoying spouse" threads were hilarious and way too many of them too true, but how about the positive things. Help me out, marrieds, let's not scare the singles off totally.

What does your spouse do that makes you smile or laugh?

After nearly 14 years of marriage, my husband still gets the door for me.

He still pinches my rear when he walks by.

He finishes everything he starts - he never leaves half done projects laying around.

Replies

• My husband must hold my hand while he's driving. If we say the same thing at the same time he says I love you and gives me a kiss :)
  • My husband must hold my hand while he's driving. If we say the same thing at the same time he says I love you and gives me a kiss :)
    BTW, we've been together for 4 years and have 3 children.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    My husband has an amazing sense of humor and is quick witted - he is constantly making me laugh with his jokes. Much to our children's dismay, we kiss in front of them. Like MyJourney11, we still hold hands while driving or walking (we've been together for 27 years and married for 23).
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    After 12 years of marriage, my hubby:
    - greets me with "Hello Beautiful" every day
    - supports me 110% in everything I do
    - still thinks I'm sexy despite all that wiggles and jiggles

Everything else is gravy. :flowerforyou:
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    This thread is freaking hilarious! I hope you get a giggle out of my story. After 20 years, my husband still slaps me on the butt, usually at the weirdest times.....

A few months ago, we stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and he wanted to pick up a particular soda for his dad to take to the hospital where he was staying. My husband asked me if I was hungry and I told him I'd rather wait till we left the hospital and grab some lunch together.

We both went to the bathroom and he finished first and proceeded to the food area where he affectionately slapped a woman bent over in the donut rack (the kind that the doors open) right on the butt and said, " I thought you were going to wait until lunch!"

Needless to say, when she came out of the donut rack, he exclaimed, "You're not my wife!" and about that time I came out of the restroom to hear him say, "There's my wife!"......

I just had to laugh.... same black pants, same pink shirt, same wide bottom.... what bothered me is that I don't eat a lot of donuts.... I guess he thought I was looking for a treat! To this day, we still crack up laughing over his mistaken identity!!!!!
  • deeharley
    This thread is freaking hilarious! I hope you get a giggle out of my story. After 20 years, my husband still slaps me on the butt, usually at the weirdest times.....

A few months ago, we stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and he wanted to pick up a particular soda for his dad to take to the hospital where he was staying. My husband asked me if I was hungry and I told him I'd rather wait till we left the hospital and grab some lunch together.

We both went to the bathroom and he finished first and proceeded to the food area where he affectionately slapped a woman bent over in the donut rack (the kind that the doors open) right on the butt and said, " I thought you were going to wait until lunch!"

Needless to say, when she came out of the donut rack, he exclaimed, "You're not my wife!" and about that time I came out of the restroom to hear him say, "There's my wife!"......

I just had to laugh.... same black pants, same pink shirt, same wide bottom.... what bothered me is that I don't eat a lot of donuts.... I guess he thought I was looking for a treat! To this day, we still crack up laughing over his mistaken identity!!!!!

Oh my word! This is so funny! Poor lady.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
    -He takes me into consideration in regards to every decision he makes. He remembers and acknowledges our monthly anniversary. He is just thoughtful and... SWEET :)

I think that every single man should have parented a daughter, lol. ;)
  • _Virginia_
    _Virginia_ Posts: 49
    My Sweetheart never leaves the house without kissing me good bye. Even in the morning, he'll wake me up to kiss me. After 32 years he still thinks of me before going out.:blushing:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    My husband is very funny. He keeps me laughing almost alll the time. Which is very good because I love to laugh. We have very similar senses of humor.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    My ex would say something funny or cute in the middle of an arguement, at first it wuld make me even more mad, but as time went by I would end op laughing too and it was a nice way to keep it all in perspective!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    My husband always says "I love you." Not a day goes by that I don't hear it. He calls me beautiful all of the time. He still pinches my rear when I walk by or makes a grab for the chestal region! lol He is a hard worker and always makes sure we are all taken care of. He is kind and respectful and never, ever puts me down. He would give you the shirt off of his back if he thought you needed it. Man, I love that guy!!! We have been together for 25 yrs. We dated for 4 and we just celebrated out 21st wedding anniversary.
  • deeharley
    My ex would say something funny or cute in the middle of an arguement, at first it wuld make me even more mad, but as time went by I would end op laughing too and it was a nice way to keep it all in perspective!

This reminds me of my friend's husband who, whenever they get in an argument, insists they get naked. Then, if the argument is still important, they can talk.