Here's a funny question on how to track exercise...

1CntryMama
1CntryMama Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anybody know what category I would choose for 30 minutes of pumping up my kids wading pool with a manual pump? Sounds weird I know, but it was NOT easy and DEFINITELY qualified as a workout, hahaha! (it's one of those 3-tiered ones where you have to inflate each tier seperately and it takes me a good half hour) The way I was sweating and huffing and puffing like the Big Bad Wolf about to blow a house down I figure it counts! (plus I imagine if I pumped it up 3 times a week I'd have pretty enviable tank-top arms in no time lol)

Oh and as a side note, if anyone knows why a Domino's Pizza banner keeps popping up at the top of all the MFP pages I click on, that'd be interesting to know too :P

Replies

• LOL my ads alternate between an ad for a gastric band operation and one for DONUTS!!! wtf!?

I have no idea which category but I want to know too!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    I would classify that as moving furniture LOL. Not sure about the domino's ad, though that seems kind of counter productive on a weight loss/management site.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Maybe as weight training? I inflated my little pool with the ring around the top, and then a raft, and my arms and shoulders were feeling it the next day.
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    I would go with weight training, too.
  • LorinaLynn
    Now, how about holding a 20# Pekingese for about an hour while waiting in line for vaccinations at a clinic? :wink:

I'm not logging it, but OI! My arms feel like jelly!
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    I would go with resistance training (wieghts).

As to the adds, I find that they tend to show adds that are related to web pages I have been to before unless I clear out my browsing history. When I do that they are just random right now Tivo and LA Weight Loss...
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    If you were just using your arms and you were breathing heavy, that sounds like a boxing/punching bag workout, under cardio.
  • LorinaLynn
    I got a Head & Shoulders ad. They're spying on me and caught me scratchin'! :sad:
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    I got a jenny craig ad.. I usually get one with cupcakes. *kitten*.
This discussion has been closed.