Let's go back to basics!

Options
What made you gain weight?
What made you want to change?

-A depression in high school mixed with my first year of college (freshman 15) made me go from 150-225 (that was my heaviest weight). I was more focused on food satisfying my mood rather than my health.

-What made me want to change is how surprised people were when I came back to school heavier every year. They'd joke that I was pregnant, had a baby or just let myself go. and I did let myself go. I'm changing my relationship with food for the better and taking back me with every pound that I lose!

Replies

• shamandalie
    Options
    I moved in with my boyfriend and realised I was letting myself go and eating way more than I usually would. The freedom to eat what I want when I want is nice after being limited when living with my parents -but now I need to get it under control before it goes too haywire!

I put on a good 10 lbs in the last two or three months which is not good!
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What made you gain weight: Emotional eating! During my Senior year of high school, I was thoroughly depressed and ate my feelings. I went from ~180 pounds to ~220 during my senior year. This year when I entered my freshman year of college, I continued to eat the way I had been....from September-February I gained an additional 20 pounds, reaching my all time highest weight of 250 pounds.

What made you want to change: Lots of reasons. When I was away at school my mom would go into my room and hide all of my clothes that she thought were too tight so I couldn't wear them anymore. The way that I looked in pictures. Losing my breath from walking up a flight of stairs. The realization that I was going to be 20 in one year...and aren't you supposed to look FABULOUS in your twenties?! My sister's recent diagnosis of type one diabetes. I wanted to be healthy and look like I cared about myself! I also want to weigh less than boyfriend!!!!!