How many lbs equals a dress size?

Options
how many pounds would you have to lose in order to go down a clothing size. i know its different for everyone but just a general idea would be nice to know. thanks!

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Like you said, it depends on the person, where they carry the weight and how far they are from increasing or decreasing in a size. For me it's about 15 pounds, then again I wasn't really that far into a size 18. My size 18 jeans were still kinda loose and I needed a belt.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It honestly varies on the person.
    My friend and I are the same exact height and weight, but she wears I size three and I wear a size five.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    For me it's been about 5 kg per dress size. I was a 22 heading to 24 now almost a size 14, not sure what that is in pounds though.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It took me 16 lbs to see a dress size down. But the size smaller is still a little tight.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered this.
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For me it's about 10-12 pounds.
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    for me i think it was about 14 - 19 lbs but as you get closer to your goal weight it goes down to about every 10 lbs as every pound shows more. :happy:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I believe the average is 10-15lbs.

For me, I lose a size between 5-8lbs (depending on where I see the loss).
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I'VE HEARD IT'S 10!
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    For me it was about every 10 - 15 pounds. At 220 I barely fit into my size 18s and I should have been wearing 20s.
    When I got back to around 200 my 18s fit good and I could squeeze into 16s.
    16s started fitting good around 180 - 190
    14s about 175ish
    12s around 160 - 165ish
    now i'm just under 160 and I can squeeze into 10s but it's definitely a squeeze.
  • sarahbeth17
    sarahbeth17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At 167 I wear an 11, I have 12's that are very loose and 10's that are a little too tight. But from about 175 up to 205 I was in a 13, it was all after pregnancy weight I don't know if that makes a difference.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Every one is different.
    It took me 14 pounds to drop a dress size.
  • girlontheseesaw
    Options
    I haven't dropped a dress size yet, and I've lost about 15lbs. I'm close, though.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    At 12 pounds lost I went from a US size 14 to a 12. I have now lost almost 20 pounds and can fit into *some* size 10 bottoms
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think it's down to size, the bigger you are the more pounds it takes to drop a dress size. I've lost 26lbs and am still in the same size clothes as when i started.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think I'm odd. I'm 5'6 , 130 lbs and wear a US 10. I'm large in my bust so I think that's part of the reason, but I think the most I'd go down to is an 8 with about a 10 lb loss. Anymore weight lost and I'd just be too thin. So it definitely varies from person to person.
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    My first 10lbs I dropped almost a full size (was a very loose 16), but my 2nd 10lbs I have went from a 14 to a tight 10.
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    A similar topic was posted here not too long ago, and I remember reading that there is a 2" difference between sizes for plus size clothing, but only a 1" inch difference between regular sizes. So it will take longer between sizes 16 and above (and likely require a belt before fitting into the next size down).

I might be making this up, but I think the size difference has to do with selling more clothes.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I think I was a size 4 at 118lb. So about 6 pounds, I'd say.