HRM questions

Options
SO looking to buy one and have a few questions first:
I see the watches for sale but I'm guess you also have to buy the strap?
Does the strap and watch go together? I have seen some watches on EBAY that are sold
by themselves. Do you always need to strap?
Just want to spend my money in the right area.
Help me put this stuff together!

Replies

• hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The watches with the strap are the most accurate. Mine came with the strap (not sold separately) but I got mine from Target. I think it's kind of gross to buy a used chest strap since you can't really disinfect it too well- so beware of buying one from ebay. I have the New Balance N4 from Target that I got for $70 and I LOVE it. I got it to replace a crappy Sportline brand HRM- I would avoid that brand.
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump. I need one too & was thinking of ebay.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT60 and it's my favorite so far. I've had two other lesser-known models and they've both given me grief. My previous watches broke within less than a year each, transmitted my information to other machines nearby, and/or wouldn't transmit my chest strap info to the watch.

So, I'm partial to Polar. I'd recommend researching the bells and whistles you need before buying one because of the price. Hope this helps :-)
  • jimmy_jenkins
    Options
    I'm delighted with the Polar FT4, seems to do everything i would want it to do, all the technical stuff (i.e tracking on MFP app and using HRM) is making this enjoyable for me. My HRM calorie burn is usually aboy 10-15% higher than the machines at the gym, so that was a nice bonus!