Elastic Hairbands- Do you wear them?

Options
2»

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    When I am at the gym I see all these ladies with cute ponytails and the elastic hairbands holding their flyaways in place. Everytime I put one on the stupid thing slides across my head and falls off. I have thick healthy hair, what in the world am I doing wrong?? I have tried all kinds, including the expensive ones with the glue strip on the inside. Suggestions??

(I know it's not a high priority question, I just cant figure out why headbands hate me! Also, please dont message me and tell me its vain. Alot of us have indicated we want to increase our confidence and look better. I think having a well placed headband that matches my athlete shorts will improve my treadmill performance!)

:happy:
    LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Go to sweatybands.com!! I sound like a commercial..no I do NOT work for this company. LOL! I am a spinning instructor and I have a massive head with lots of thick hair. My hairbands would ping off my head every flipping time. Now...these ain't cheap....BUT they are adorable and even better...they stay on your head. Forever. I have run a 1/2 marathon in one and it didn't budge. I couldn't live without them. They don't slip or ping. Ever!! :-)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    When I am at the gym I see all these ladies with cute ponytails and the elastic hairbands holding their flyaways in place. Everytime I put one on the stupid thing slides across my head and falls off. I have thick healthy hair, what in the world am I doing wrong?? I have tried all kinds, including the expensive ones with the glue strip on the inside. Suggestions??

(I know it's not a high priority question, I just cant figure out why headbands hate me! Also, please dont message me and tell me its vain. Alot of us have indicated we want to increase our confidence and look better. I think having a well placed headband that matches my athlete shorts will improve my treadmill performance!)

:happy:
    LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Go to sweatybands.com!! I sound like a commercial..no I do NOT work for this company. LOL! I am a spinning instructor and I have a massive head with lots of thick hair. My hairbands would ping off my head every flipping time. Now...these ain't cheap....BUT they are adorable and even better...they stay on your head. Forever. I have run a 1/2 marathon in one and it didn't budge. I couldn't live without them. They don't slip or ping. Ever!! :-)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    have you tried these:

assorted-plastic-zig-zag-hair-clips-4-pack.jpg

These are awesome! I use these in my hair since it's not all long enough to fit into my ponytail.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This is embarrassing, lol, but honestly I wear a scrunchie!!! :O trust me, no one notices. I have thick, curly hair and those thin, tight bands cause breakage... you won't get breakage with a scrunchie. I wear a normal headband also and it holds the hair back.