Protein

HCbaby
HCbaby Posts: 10
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it bad if I am under my daily goal for calories (by just a few) and OVER in my protein? 1st time this has happened. Plus I am always told to eat a lot of protein because it helps to build muscle faster which in turn will help to burn more calories faster.
(Higher protein means more fat burn).

Replies

• Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    The protein levels on MFP are low for most people. Unless you are eating more then your body weight in protein (1gram or [rotein to 1 pound of your weight) then there arent any consequences UNLESS you have a medical condition with your liver
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    I think the guideline this site sets for Protein is way too low, so if youre over its probably a good thing! I aim for 190 grams of protein daily.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    I have been told that if you are going to be over, always be over your Protein!!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    If you are always over on either your protein or your carbs you can adjust your goals to fit the way you eat. Go into settings and then goals. Change goals. Custom. Remember to save. See what works for you. Some people eat more protein and some eat more carbs. When one goes up the other automatically goes down. I have my carbs set on 45% protein 25%. That is what is good about this site you can customize to what your lifestyle is. Calories will not change. Just percentage.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    I heard from somewhere that the more protein you eat the quicker you loose weight..
    I dont know if thats true but i changed my protein goal, i raised it and in return lowered my carb goal....
    I think that if your under calories wise.. But over in protein grams its defiantely a good thing!
    But as always i might be wrong...
  • sjprasad
    sjprasad Posts: 8
    too much protein turns into fat as well so be careful
This discussion has been closed.