need healthy snacks for a road trip????

Options
i am going to be going on a 9 hour road trip and need some healthy snacks to take along. Last time i thought i would do fine but 3 hours in i was tired and needing something to munch on so i ended up ruining my diet with starburst, chocolate and chips :( any healthy ideas?????????????

Replies

• nicolet04
    Options
    i am going to be going on a 9 hour road trip and need some healthy snacks to take along. Last time i thought i would do fine but 3 hours in i was tired and needing something to munch on so i ended up ruining my diet with starburst, chocolate and chips :( any healthy ideas?????????????
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I like Sunflower Seeds on long road trips' the kinds with their shells. They are healthy (you can buy them unsalted), and taking the seed out of the shell keeps my mouth busy. Really good if you are driving late at night and need to stay awake.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I found a really tasty mixture of raw seeds and dried fruit that I use for snacks. There are cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, and dried cranberries.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit, bottled water, & if you want the sweet stuff, the 100 calorie packs from Nabisco travel well. It helps when you're driving b/c you have "hand to mouth" going on & you really don't notice how much you've eaten. having it all in one pack helps.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    beef jerkey is a good one too, I also try sugar free jolly ranchers to suck on and have that sweet taste!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    granola bars or protein bars are easy