Exercise Troubles

Options
Me again with another silly issue I can't figure out!

I'm getting to the point where my body is stating to crave exercise!! (YAY) I look forward to it every day after work and I try to push myself to walk faster and longer everyday, and set realistic goals to work towards like adding another lap or walk X distance in X amount of time.
(I'm up to 3 miles in 45 mins- not great but its a starting point, right?!)

Ok well after I do my cool down and stretch I feel fine. So I go home but then I immediately begin to feel nauseous (sp?) I want to throw up!!! I am eating about 1.5-3 hours before I go walking so I don't think its too soon after eating but it happens every time.
I feel sick ot my stomach- I'm not out of breath or anything my breathing and pulse have return to normal. I don't know what it is or how to change it. I tried to eat sooner before I work out but it happens then too.

I end up walking aroundwith my head tilted back focusing on my breathing to keep from actually throwing up ( I to damn hard to meet my calorie intake everyday to lose it by throwingit up lol)

Any ideas?

Replies

• Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Me again with another silly issue I can't figure out!

I'm getting to the point where my body is stating to crave exercise!! (YAY) I look forward to it every day after work and I try to push myself to walk faster and longer everyday, and set realistic goals to work towards like adding another lap or walk X distance in X amount of time.
    (I'm up to 3 miles in 45 mins- not great but its a starting point, right?!)

Ok well after I do my cool down and stretch I feel fine. So I go home but then I immediately begin to feel nauseous (sp?) I want to throw up!!! I am eating about 1.5-3 hours before I go walking so I don't think its too soon after eating but it happens every time.
    I feel sick ot my stomach- I'm not out of breath or anything my breathing and pulse have return to normal. I don't know what it is or how to change it. I tried to eat sooner before I work out but it happens then too.

I end up walking aroundwith my head tilted back focusing on my breathing to keep from actually throwing up ( I to damn hard to meet my calorie intake everyday to lose it by throwingit up lol)

Any ideas?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise 2 hours after a meal. I have felt the same way at times. Sometimes your food hasn't digested yet. Try to slow dow a bit. Or, exercise before you eat.

I ate a all veggie dinner tonight arouns 5:30, then we went walking for 20 minutes at 7:35. I was cramping up bad!!!

I setteled down about 30 more minutes and did my weights, legs and abs and yoga ball.

I feel much better now. Maybe some one else can inlighten us
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    I try to exercise 2 hours after a meal. I have felt the same way at times. Sometimes your food hasn't digested yet. Try to slow dow a bit. Or, exercise before you eat.

I ate a all veggie dinner tonight arouns 5:30, then we went walking for 20 minutes at 7:35. I was cramping up bad!!!

I setteled down about 30 more minutes and did my weights, legs and abs and yoga ball.

I feel much better now. Maybe some one else can inlighten us

I sure hope so because I feel terrible! Its like I even touch my stomach and before I can blink its in my throat ready to spew out :embarassed:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    could be an issue with blood sugar dropping too low. try having like 4oz of juice or a couple slices of an apple or something and see if that makes you feel better!
  • arjames82
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started working out. My trainer calls in "Lactic Acid Overload." Basically, you overwork your muscles until the point that the amount of lactic acid building up in your body wants to escape by any means necessary (i.e. throwing up). It stopped after about two weeks of working out.
  • Mufasa0331
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started working out. My trainer calls in "Lactic Acid Overload." Basically, you overwork your muscles until the point that the amount of lactic acid building up in your body wants to escape by any means necessary (i.e. throwing up). It stopped after about two weeks of working out.

Ayo THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO much makes me feel a lot better to know that it will go away. I really like the rush I get from working out sometimes I have to force myself to stop and go home because its dark hehehehe.

Thanks again :)
  • searls717
    Options
    My personal trainer has me drink a protein shake about an hour prior to workout and then wait at least a 1/2 hour after workout to eat. It has always worked out well for me.

Hope you can figure out what is causing it. Good luck!
  • arjames82
    Options
    My personal trainer has me drink a protein shake about an hour prior to workout and then wait at least a 1/2 hour after workout to eat. It has always worked out well for me.

Hope you can figure out what is causing it. Good luck!

Same for me....but I drink my shake about an hour before my workout so it won't upset my stomach. I also have a shake within 15 minutes after my strength training workouts. I also drink plenty of water afterwards to flush all of that acid out of my system.