need to lose weight now

Options
keep trying lose a few pounds gain a few feeling depressed

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    ditto =[
    been dieting for nearlly 2 years and im the heaviest now than iv ever been...
    it really does put you down..
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If you follow the suggested calories that MyFitnessPal sets up for you, depending on the information you supply, you should have no problem losing weight.

The worst thing you can do is THINK you are dieting but not truly giving it your full effort. This requires work. Weigh your food, measure yourself, eat only what you weigh. ALWAYS ALWAYS write down EVERYTHING you eat... be honest with yourself and you will start to see results. Maybe slowly, but you will see results.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    I know if I try to do too much all at once I crash & burn very quickly. Try making small changes one at a time. Start by just adding more veggies to your diet. Then slightly smaller portions and less condiments. Drinking more water. I even do a little meditation where I 'talk' to my body and tell it that we're on the same side, this is a good thing for both of us, let's work together and compromise - I know it sounds cheesy but it makes me feel more accepting of the changes and more peaceful (and less hungry).

Having friends to keep you motivated helps too. Checking in on the website throughout the day helps keep being healthy in the front of my mind which makes a huge difference for me (otherwise I just slip back into my old ways). Yes, I'm a little mfp obsessed but it seems to be working and makes me feel like I'm not alone in my struggles. We're all battling something, we might as well do it together, right? I'm sending you a friend request, maybe we can help each other!