Can someone explain Spin Class"

Options
Diana061
Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
How does this differ from the excerise bike... ? is it because its done as a group ?

Replies

• Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    An exercise bike is often a recumbent bike, where you are somewhat reclining while you ride. A spin bike is supposed to simulate a road bike, so you are in the same position you would be in if you were riding on the road (theoretically). A spin bike is usually manual, so the only way to make the ride more difficult is to adjust a knob which makes it more difficult to pedal. Usually a spin instructor takes you through a series of drills to simulate outdoor riding or intervals where you stand up and down on the bike.
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    the main difference i notice is that you can stand and jog/run, lean forward/back on a spinning bike, but not the normal stationary bikes in a gym. spinning is a lot more fun imo. but the stationary bikes are good if you have a book to read.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I go to spin class and love it! It's lead by an instructor who takes the class through a series of movements that simulate outdoor biking. Our bikes are cool because they actually tilt and lean like real road bikes. Such a great workout. I'm usually pooped by the time 45 minutes is up.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Spinning is my favorite cardio workout. I love challenging myself with steep climbs and sprints. The music and camaraderie make it so much fun. Of course a good instructor and their playlist make all the difference. Give it a try - it's very easy to adjust your level of intensity because you control how much tension you put on the bike.
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    Spinning is my favorite cardio workout. I love challenging myself with steep climbs and sprints. The music and camaraderie make it so much fun. Of course a good instructor and their playlist make all the difference. Give it a try - it's very easy to adjust your level of intensity because you control how much tension you put on the bike.

omgosh congrats on your progress!!!