What's a good gift?

Options
My fiance's birthday is coming up fast and I still need to get him a gift.

To the guys out there: In the past, which gifts have you gotten that you have thouroughly enjoyed?

To the ladies: Which gifts have you gotten you your guy that he has really liked?

I have used up all my good ideas in the past and I thought I would ask my friends here at MFP what they think.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

:heart: Kelly

Replies

• His_Kelly
    Options
    My fiance's birthday is coming up fast and I still need to get him a gift.

To the guys out there: In the past, which gifts have you gotten that you have thouroughly enjoyed?

To the ladies: Which gifts have you gotten you your guy that he has really liked?

I have used up all my good ideas in the past and I thought I would ask my friends here at MFP what they think.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!

:heart: Kelly
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Reservations for a Massage & Hot Tub place. Romantic, too.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know if your guy is a fix it or project kind of guy but I got my hubby the Hitachi 18V 1.5Ah Lithium Ion Driver Drill for $169.99 as Costco. He loves it and uses it nearly every weekend and often during the week. It came with drill pits also that he is always raving about.

Good luck finding something perfect for him.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Well, my hubbz is a gamer and a NYY fan so whatever has to do with either would make him a happy man.

So, what does he enjoy doing, collecting...? Hobbies, fave restaurant....
  • His_Kelly
    Options

So, what does he enjoy doing, collecting...? Hobbies, fave restaurant....

Oh gosh, that is what makes it so hard! He is into politics, geography and history mostly. That doesn't lead me to many clues. :laugh:

Um... he is a runner. Maybe I could do something with that?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    How about a trip to some historical place that he has an interest in. What part of history does he like. There are some really cool historical books or collectibles around if you can find something that might peak his interest.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    If he's a runner does he have all the sweet gear like mp3 player/ holders/ new headphones, or maybe a heart rate monitor or something? What about some great books on cd to listen to while he's running?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Steak toaster. What man doesn't want a steak toaster?
  • eer205
    Options
    Greg loves gaming, so the DS Lite and the XBOX were the best gifts I ever gave him. The one I enjoyed giving the most was a mixed cd I made him for our first christmas together.
    The best gift he has ever given me is dance lessons. He knows that I love to get out and try to new exercise stuff, and so he signed us up for a ballroom dancing class together. It was a lot of fun and it was good exercise. :):)
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Steak toaster. What man doesn't want a steak toaster?

I don't even know what this is and I want one!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Guys would rather do stuff than get stuff. A weekend away with his sweetie. A day trip to a historical site (that isn't just a side trip on the way to the outlet mall). An adventure excursion balloon ride, skydiving, canoeing. He doesn't sound like he's too interested in sports, but if I read that wrong tickets to an event is good.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    For Christmas one year, I got a pick-up installed in my boyfriend at the time's guitar. I had a friend "borrow" the guitar, then I picked it up and took it to the guitar place where they turned it from an acoustic into an acoustic that can be plugged into an amplifier. (This is a nicer sound than just buying an electric acoustic).

Christmas morning I made a scavenger hunt that gave him clues to find it. He just about flipped! It was a bit of a gamble cause I was doing some irreversible to a very expensive guitar and if he didn't like the change I was in trouble!!! He's in a band and still uses it to this day.

Just focus on whatever is most important and special to him!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I got tickets to take him to see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers!