Hello! New person here!

Options
Hi everyone, I am 37 years old and live in Indiana. I have 3 children 8, 6 and 3. I teach 1st grade. I am celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary this summer and need to slim down. My main goal body wise is flatten my stomach some and tone done thigh area.
I am also trying to watch what I eat.
I have an elipitical and Wii, I am planning on doing the elipitical every other day for 30-40 min and walk around our lake the other days, Any ideas on how to flatten the stomach?
I weigh about 168ish and would like to get in the 145 range, I am 5'7.

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    welcome! i am 38 and i am an 162.2, but i am only 5'4 :( and want to get to the 140 also, and my tummy seems as tho it will never go away. so if you figure out something let me know! oh and you can add me as a friend if you want
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I do resistance exercise. They seem to have helped me. Crunches would help too.
  • 2novgirls
    2novgirls Posts: 35
    Options
    I was hoping crunches were not the answer! HA
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! Good luck on your journey! We are here to support you!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Do a decent mix of resistance training and cardio...but you'll lose the belly fat mostly by watching what you eat. Nutrition is 80%-90% of your success. I just made up that number, but seriously, food is the biggest piece of the puzzle. Women our age tend to do well on lower carb diets. Ditch the sweets and processed grains and watch what happens.