Weight CHANGES for WOMEN

Options
Women....
How much weight fluctuation do you find happens during your time of the month....I have gained 3 lbs but I'm hoping it is because of extra water weight!

Replies

• karisbrandes
    karisbrandes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I gained 2lbs and an inch around my waist during my TOM. And once it was done went right back to where I was before.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    its never consistent for me. sometimes i gain a few, sometimes i lose a few, and sometimes i slowly gain a little bit over the course of the week. the only thing i've noticed that will for sure make my gain at TOM is if i start craving salty foods and indulge before i realize whats going on. your body does some crazy things at TOM so most likely that is the culprit!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Usually just 2 or 3 pounds but I have had times I gained 5 or 6 pounds overnight (shocker) and a few days later....poof! It's gone!
  • applebug20
    applebug20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 3 - 4 lbs for a few days before to a couple days after! Sometimes it's nice because I go through that big fluctuation and than I drop a lb or more than I was expecting because I continued to exercise right through it all!
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My weight changes so violently when it's that time of the month for me. I just gained three pounds from it, so that's frustrating. Also, I have problems dealing with my intake during the four to five days that I have it because of cravings and such. I think it's pretty common for people to gain some weight during it, but I'm not sure if anyone has the same problems with it as anyone else.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I gain between 2-3 lbs during that TOM time. It starts about 3-4 days before it starts and it continues until it's over:sad: . Depends on what type of cravings I am having because if it is salty foods (this time I have salty cravings) I am up 3 lbs. I have learned to keep working out which I never use to do and drink at least a gallon of water per day. That seems to help me loose the water weight quickly once it's done.
  • krizstyling
    krizstyling Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't even get me started on this! I gain anywhere from 2lbs to 6!!!! And once it is gone, I go back to normal and 2-4 days later I usually get a 2lb woosh downward! It is frustrating!!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I usually gain alittle weight but then lose it plus some.
  • c3lxxx
    c3lxxx Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you all so much....this really does keep it all in perspective for me...I was getting a bit frusterated because when I only have a bit more to lose a few pounds seems to be a big step backwards.

Thanks again ladies <3

Cel