Best workout for the belly?

Options
I seem to be doing great with slimming and toning my shoulders, legs and bum. However, my belly, though less fat, is not getting "toned" the way the rest of my body has. What is the best work out? Pilates?

Replies

• misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I know you've probably heard this before and I am beating the 30DS thing like a dead horse. But 30DS has really toned up my core. It's incredible.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Pilates is a good core strengthener.
    The key is to work your entire core--not just the abs. So, I would recommend doing 15 minutes straight of core: 1 minute per exercise.
    ex:
    1. Crunches
    2. bicycles
    3. cross-crunches
    4. reverse crunches
    5. "4" reverse crunches
    6. single-leg stretch
    7. butterfly feet
    8. butterfly crunches
    9. plank
    10. side plank-R
    11. side plank-L
    12. superman-hold
    13. superman-flutter
    14. back stretch
    15. ab stretch

Boom. 15 minutes of intense core work. 3-4 times a week.
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 Day shred...though never for the full 30 days (15 days in a row is my max). I think that is what helps shape my arms and legs, but it didn't seem to do as much for my belly. Maybe I just need to give it a go again and longer this time.

Thanks for all the great ab toners. I'll make my list from this and then try them.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    While you belly can almost certainly get MORE toned (though I haven't seen it), do keep in mind that most women's bodies are not really predisposed to 6-packs and that it comes from a mix of a rather grueling diet and exercise combination.

That said, try doing higher-rep sets of your abdominal exercises (3-5 sets of 30-40) and drink more water. Pilates are good. Ballet core work is even better.

Good luck!!!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    6 week 6 pack, another Jillian Michael's DVD, is awesome for toning the abs.
  • SkrillexFan
    Options
    I have not done P90X, however my older brother has and I ended up stealing the Ab Ripper X dvd from him. Its insane, I only do it once a week (on sundays, right before yoga because I feel like my little tummy needs a good stretch after), and I do pilates for my abs on another day (usually on a lazy day where I do about 15-20 minutes on an elliptical and then a quick 15 minute pilates abs workout).

I've done brazil butt lift and the "tummy tuck" dvd from that is also great for abs. The strange thing about brazil butt lift is that it really shrunk my midsection.