Some people don't like you skinny.... Be prepared

Options
2»

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    its a case of jealousy and the fact that some people think because you are on a path to being healthy, then its like you are 'throwing it in their faces'. unfortunately people feel like this. its human.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    one time someone told my dad it looked like i was losing weight....and he told them :"no she just bought bigger clothes" totally as a joke, knowing my clothes weren't new at all....and then proceeds to tell me the "funny joke" he told them....but i can't think badly about it too much because my dad just doesn't get it....like he doesn't see that my weight bothers me because im a confident person, and jokes like that aren't really funny to somone who struggled with weight their whole life, unlike him, who was naturally thin growing up and now just has a little beer belly......but....i love him anyways.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    btw o.p......im TOTALLY JEALOUS!!! I can't wait til i have some haters!:p
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that is just the way the cookie crumbles. Like everyone here has said, not everyone reacts well to change. Jealousy is a huge factor sometimes. People wish they had your motivation. Although, it took me over a year to lose 27 lbs, and I'm just within the healthy range at 151 lbs (5'6" tall), my family seems convinced that I have an eating disorder. I eat very well and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. I just don't get it sometimes. It is disheartening when the people who are supposed to love and support you turn into your worst critics.

Just be happy with yourself and the rest will eventually iron itself out! :)
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Frist of all, GREAT job wearing a sleeveless shirt!! I know it can be hard, especially when you don't normally wear them and might have felt a little weird about wearing it in the first place.

I'm sure it was jealously, but the only thing you did was lose weight - which is AWESOME!! You weren't flaunting, you weren't talking only about your weight loss, were you? If not, you should have nothing to feel bad about. You cannot control what other people say. I'm sure your brother in law meant to only make you feel good, and certainly not to hurt your sister, but that's how she took it. You should be a motivation to your sister. Who knows...maybe you are now!

At the end of the day, you do you and keep up the great work!