I thought it would work! What do I do???

Options
So. I've been working out everyday... burning about 250-300 cal per day. I do different things--running, my elliptical, step aerobics, walking a long distance fast... AND I've been eating REALLY REALLY well.

My recommended amount to maintain my weight is 2000... I've been eating 1200-1500 every day--balanced meals, low fat, good on protein and a little lower on the carbs.... I only splurge a little on date night with my husband.

I've done this for 3 weeks now, consistently! I was so excited cuz I'd lost about 4 pounds, and today I weighed myself at the same time of day (it's been a week since I weighed myself--only weigh in once a week) with the same amount of clothes on and I haven't lost anything! I've put on a pound! :mad: :explode: :sad: It doesn't make sense!!!
I'm not near my period. I haven't been eating high salt so its not water retention.
What can I do!? I'm motivated--I'm doing everything that I can think of and I'm finally doing it right!
What am I missing??? I really don't want to loose this motivation and excitement to do things to help me loose my 35 lbs...
Someone please give me the answer!

Replies

• figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So. I've been working out everyday... burning about 250-300 cal per day. I do different things--running, my elliptical, step aerobics, walking a long distance fast... AND I've been eating REALLY REALLY well.

My recommended amount to maintain my weight is 2000... I've been eating 1200-1500 every day--balanced meals, low fat, good on protein and a little lower on the carbs.... I only splurge a little on date night with my husband.

I've done this for 3 weeks now, consistently! I was so excited cuz I'd lost about 4 pounds, and today I weighed myself at the same time of day (it's been a week since I weighed myself--only weigh in once a week) with the same amount of clothes on and I haven't lost anything! I've put on a pound! :mad: :explode: :sad: It doesn't make sense!!!
    I'm not near my period. I haven't been eating high salt so its not water retention.
    What can I do!? I'm motivated--I'm doing everything that I can think of and I'm finally doing it right!
    What am I missing??? I really don't want to loose this motivation and excitement to do things to help me loose my 35 lbs...
    Someone please give me the answer!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    so you eat 1200-1500 regardless of your exercise?? You are probably under eating. Also your body will fluctuate and it could simply be that fluctuation you are seeing.

Try measuring yourself and watching the tape rather than the scale.. that is a better assessment. Don't give up you're doing wonderful things for your body.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You're doing everything right. Just keep it up. It's common to fluctuate a couple of pounds for many reasons. It will probably just come right back off in a day or two and take a friend with it. I know it's discouraging, but don't change your plan unless your weight loss has stalled for 3 or 4 weeks.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thanks for your advice... I've thought that maybe I'm undereating but at the same time I feel full (for the first time in my life). I'm eating 4-5 meals a day and I just let myself get satiated which I think is right.
    I don't know! I don't know what to do. I feel like I am overeating if I eat more than 1,500 a day...
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    thanks for your advice... I've thought that maybe I'm undereating but at the same time I feel full (for the first time in my life). I'm eating 4-5 meals a day and I just let myself get satiated which I think is right.
    I don't know! I don't know what to do. I feel like I am overeating if I eat more than 1,500 a day...
    You could try a food that has high caloric content with less volume like peanut butter, pistachios, granola, etc.
  • luciesayer
    Options
    welldone for doing so well.

just remember that muscle weights a lot more than fat. so as you've been working out alot you are toning your body whilst losing the weight through diet. like someone mentioned before, measure yourself - bust, waist, hips etc. if you continue with what your doing, you'll definatly see a result.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is tough to eat the food that we need but it would be easier if you know what you are eating is great for your body so here are some thoughts:

Almonds
    Walnuts
    Peanut butter (my fav) on an apple or banana is wonderful and good for you!!
    Like the granola idea (make it yourself and you know exactly what's in it!!)

Also my way to ensure I eat enough is to have a somewhat big breakfast -- scrambled eggs, fruit, some yogurt (small amt of full fat for me) or french toast (I know not the best) some boiled egg whites and a piece of fruit.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    dont get discouraged. u could be putting on muscle. i agree with tossing the scale for a while and using a tape. i never use a scale except for once a month, to me its just a number, and like i have said before. the mirrior, good honest friends, my uniform gun belt and wrangler cowboy cut jeans jeans are my best judge of weight loss and muscle growth for me. good luck and keep up the good work and devotion.
  • ktenerow
    Options
    When I start working out, I try to ignore the scale and look at inches lost, an that seems to be a more accurate way to track progress. If you know you are eating right, and getting exercise in - know that the results will show up on the scale eventually. Don't give up!!!
  • ladyjh578
    Options
    Is it that time of month...NEVER WEIGH YOURSELF THEN. I GET VERY ANGRY WHEN I DO BUT THEN THE NEXT WEEK I AM PRETTY HAPPY....:noway:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Well, I've stopped counting all my cals, I only count my high fats and too many proteins now, and when I work out, I go until I drop 20-30 minutes a day, yep a day.

I got so frustrated when I was counting cals, over under, it really made me stress,

but for those that do, and loose, congrats, keep up the good work