I really wanna lose 30+ pounds in 2 months.....

Options
Recently I lost my job... sucks real bad, and I don't have the confidence to find a new job. I'm feeling pretty worthless and unwanted. I worked full time and had little time or availability to eat healthy or exercise. But now since I'm jobless, my schedule has opened up.

Don't worry I wont starve myself.

I'll stick to the caloric goal of 1200 calories a day. I plan to work out for 90-120 minutes a day, 6 days a week. My diet plan is going to be mainly: eat beans, rice, fruits and veggies. Drink lots of water and tea. You see I'll be coming from a diet of ONLY SODA and ONLY PROCESSED FOODS like chips, french fries, microwaved burritos, etc to a lesser processed low fat low calorie diet.

Why do I want to lose all this weight in 2 months? Well firstly. I'd like to have a whole new appearance and energy level for landing a new job. I feel that if I'm thinner and healthier looking, I'll have a better chance of getting a new better job than if I'm chubby and tired looking.

Second: Well you see there is this event in 2 months that I'll be attending. I attend this even every year and meet up with people. I would feel a lot more confident and less self-conscious is I lost this weight by then.

Is it possible to lose 30+ pounds in 60 days by diet change and exercise alone? My current weight is 184. I would love to be around or less than 150 in 2 months.

Can you give advice on how to effectively lose weight?

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i lost 30 pounds in 2 months on medifast a few years back.....so its possible....
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    While I'm not saying this to be discouraging to you, diets of the sort can become very frustrating, causing you to fall off your health wagon. And even if you stay on, the weight is harder to keep off.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • cabbiegabby
    Options
    cut out sugar definitely and eat lots of fresh foods. Try and stay away from processed foods definitely.
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I personally think that is a very high goal to set for yourself....healthy weight loss is between 1-2 lbs per week!! If you have previously had a poor diet and no exercise you need to be careful to not overdo it or it will be very hard to stay motivated. Not that it would be impossible just don't place such high expectations on yourself!! Plan to eat healthy and exercise...it may take a little longer than you would like but the results will come just the same. Good luck on your journey with this positive lifestyle change!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Also, don't stick to the 1200 calorie diet if you are working out. If you eat back most of your exercise calories you will lose more weight (trust me, it's working for me).
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    what is Medifast?
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I have an amazing cleanse that I have done three times. No, not one of the ones with potions, powders or pills, it's just real food. I have lost five pounds each time. You do it one week on the cleanse and three weeks off. It consists of brown rice, fruit, and vegetables. I make sure to drink calcium fortified orange juice to keep my calcium up. Anytime I want a snack when I'm on or off the cleanse, I go for plain salt free rice cakes and spicy hummus. Here is the link for the cleanse.

http://drbenjaminsnider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Brown-Rice-Cleansing-Diet.pdf

Good luck!

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I would say that you seem pretty motivated and that if changing to a diet of whole foods is what you will be doing, it's *possible*. Just don't be discouraged if you lose weight more slowly than that. I was hoping to lose 2 pounds a week when I started. There were weeks when I lost 2 pounds, weeks when I lost 1 pound, weeks when I lost no pounds. There were weeks when I gained and lost the same 2 pounds over and over. I decided that I wouldn't get discouraged no matter what happened, and that however long it took to get the weight off, I wasn't going to stress over it.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    what is Medifast?

its basially a shake diet....but they have like "eggs" and "icecream" and "pancake" stuff now....but i have 2 shakes in the morning, a shake and a bar at lunch and a lean meat and 3 servins veggies for dinner and a medifast snack.....

You have to have extreme will power to do it, but it does give GREAT results
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    For a guy it would be no problem. I've seen women do it though. Make sure you don't drop too low on protein. If you do you'll feel sluggish and your loss will slow down. I would suggest you drinking a protein shake in the morning as soon as you get up. I fills you up and for some reason I feel less hungry throughout the day. I use GNC 100% whey protein, Cookies & Cream and Chocolate Carmel both rock. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help whenever you need it. There are a ton of great ppl here.
    Paul
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    what is Medifast?
    It's a healthy meal replacement shake. I'm on something similar, Visalus. I replace 2 meals with a shake each, 30 days supple of 2 shakes for $117 shipped to CA. Plus I can customize my shake with over 100 different recipes. I've lost 12 lbs in 5wks on Visalus.
  • Pande
    Pande Posts: 33
    Options
    While I'm not saying this to be discouraging to you, diets of the sort can become very frustrating, causing you to fall off your health wagon. And even if you stay on, the weight is harder to keep off.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
    The thing is this isn't some fab diet that I googled to come up with.

I am a junkfood vegan. I eat breads, chips, french fries, microwave dinners, sodas. My diet is 100% processed foods right now.

Beans, Rice, fruits and Veggies are what vegans are SUPPOSE to eat, but I haven't been doing so. I selected those as my foods not out of googling fab diets, but from logic that unprocessed foods are better for you. So I wouldn't really call it a "diet" more like a "lifestyle change".

I'm really tired of being a fat vegan who eats junkfood.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It isn't really healthy or recommended to lose more than 2 pounds a week or 8-10 pounds a month, so to lose 30 pounds in a healthy and MAINTAINABLE way... not sure it's entirely feasible. In three months, yes, with work.... just don't see it happening in two. You didn't put that weight on that fast and you shouldn't expect to take it off that fast. I've been on a pretty strict routine since mid-Feb, so almost 4 months, and I've lost about 25-26 pounds.... VERY little cheating in the diet and NO slacking in the exercise. Everyone's different, though... you can always try, but please be healthy about it (eat your 1200 net a day, drink plenty of water, don't overexercise and burn yourself out, etc) and don't have too high of an expectation. The weight WILL come off, even if it does take a little longer than you'd like... And in 2 months time, you WILL be more confident and stronger and healthier, even if you HAVEN'T lost the full 30 pounds.... I can just about promise you that. :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    i would say alittle impossible....... i try EXTREMELY hard and my SW:182 CW:140 it took me 6 1/2 months that being said i do have pcos and insulin resistance but i take metformin to manage my insulin levels so supposedly i lose like a normal person being on the meds i also do 1200 calories net a day i can however tell you in the first two months i lost 20 of my 42lbs it gets MUCH much harder the more you lose cause you burn less calories doing day to day things and about 10 of those lbs was water weight. i do however wish you luck!
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a big goal! I hope you get there in the time you set but please be very careful! Before you set your 1200 calorie daily allotment "in stone" you might google the Harris Benedict Formula. It really fits your calories to YOU and your activity level. If you don't eat enough you'll go into starvation mode ::cue dark clouds and scary music:: and you'll get no where. Trust me, it sucks LOL
    If you need or want anyone to talk to or to help ya out, let me know! :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    what is Medifast?
    It's a healthy meal replacement shake. I'm on something similar, Visalus. I replace 2 meals with a shake each, 30 days supple of 2 shakes for $117 shipped to CA. Plus I can customize my shake with over 100 different recipes. I've lost 12 lbs in 5wks on Visalus.

congrats! i have never heard of visalus, but i started mf on tuesday and already lost 10 pounds....and its even my t.o.m.....yours sounds a LOT cheaper than medifast lol.....i have also done herbalife and that was pretty affordable
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Make the healthy changes you want to make, and see how far it takes you. A lot of people lose weight insanely fast at the beginning (I was losing half a pound every day for the first two weeks), especially their water weight. Others don't start losing any until some time has passed. There's only one way to find out which category you belong to.

And as others have said, even if you don't see the result as fast as you'd like, don't let that push you off the wagon. Stick with it! Don't just think about this year's event; think about next year too.

From the "operation inspiration" thread...
    254357_10150634518630287_677240286_19045803_1423163_n.jpg

250972_10150634518700287_677240286_19045805_4774560_n.jpg
  • Joji13
    Joji13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just curious.... how tall are you Pande?
  • kellyscomeback
    Options
    what is Medifast?

congrats! i have never heard of visalus, but i started mf on tuesday and already lost 10 pounds....and its even my t.o.m.....yours sounds a LOT cheaper than medifast lol.....i have also done herbalife and that was pretty affordable

I really enjoy it, I have no complaints. There are a lot of people I've friended who've lost 20 lbs in a month but I found that I am losing more when I started tracking with MFP. Also a 30 day supply of 1 shake a day is $45 before shipping.
  • Minax28
    Minax28 Posts: 8
    Options
    Totally agree, and it can be done. I use myself as the perfect example of how much water weight can be there depending on where you start. I started making changes on Feb 15th and have lost a little over 45 lb in the 3.5 months since. It came off very quickly early as I started cutting my sodium and has since tapered off to an average of 2 lb a week as I added strength training to the mix with a personal trainer. Since then it's not just the number on the scale but my body fat calculation my trainer does every 2 weeks and the number of inches I've lost. I also don't look at an arbitrary 2 lbs a week but what my average for the month is since I have weeks the scale doesn't move then I drop 5 lbs almost overnight.