215-Calorie Taco Snack

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Corn's versatile flavor blends perfectly with both sweet and savory ingredients. That's why I love filling soft corn tortillas with fresh fruit.

2 soft corn tortillas (6" diameter)

2 Tbsp natural peanut butter

1 c mixed berries or chopped fruit such as kiwi fruit, pineapple, banana and mango

1 Tbsp shredded coconut

Warm tortillas in microwave 10 seconds. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter. Fill each with half of the fruit, and sprinkle evenly with coconut.

Nutritional info per taco: 215 calories, 5 g. protein, 27 g. carbs, 4 g. fiber, 10 g. fat, 1.6 g. saturated fat, 0 mg. chol, 102 mg. sodium.

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    Corn's versatile flavor blends perfectly with both sweet and savory ingredients. That's why I love filling soft corn tortillas with fresh fruit.

1 c mixed berries or chopped fruit such as kiwi fruit, pineapple, banana and mango

1 Tbsp shredded coconut

Warm tortillas in microwave 10 seconds. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter. Fill each with half of the fruit, and sprinkle evenly with coconut.

Nutritional info per taco: 215 calories, 5 g. protein, 27 g. carbs, 4 g. fiber, 10 g. fat, 1.6 g. saturated fat, 0 mg. chol, 102 mg. sodium.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I would have never thought of this Jo! What a great idea!

Thanks as always.:smooched:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I always do a tortilla, spread some PB, slices of bananas and sprinkle some raisins. very filling!

Very welcome Jo:flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Delicious! I never would have thought of that! I love peanut butter and banana on toast, english muffin, bagel, etc. but I never would have thought of the tortilla! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    as a kid i heated torillas up and put peanut butter in it. My friends thought I was weird. I bet it was one of them that stole my idea!! lol
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    as a kid i heated torillas up and put peanut butter in it. My friends thought I was weird. I bet it was one of them that stole my idea!! lol

You are not weird :wink: and I'm sure one of them did :laugh: .

My kids and I do it espcially in the winter with homemade hot chocolate, Puerto Rican style. MMMM soo good.:drinker: You can make it a healthy snack by using healthy fillers.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options

1 Tbsp shredded coconut

Sounds like one's my Mom use to make when I was little except she used guava paste. She called them "poor man's meal" guess you tell she was from the "island".