This is very stupid... ::WARNING::

Options
What are your isms?

Does anyone else have words out there that they have just sort of...started using before you knew it was a word or made it up? (Hokay, I'm not laying claim to words...LOL But still???)

I have never heard of the word "fantabulous" before. I just started using it and well, now I hear it.

Today while watching the new SUBWAY commercial...They said, "Hit the new Subway extra value mean and dig into an entire foot of fantabulous flavor for a freakishly low price."

I just think Subway should pay me for the word for attempting to bring it back. LOL

Other Sandisms

fantabulous (fantastic and fabulous - very wonderful)
confuzzled (confused and puzzled - very confused)
skrodys (skanky roady - nasty female concert goer)
hippopotomouscycle
e-voiding (when you ignore some one's e-mail in hopes to ditch them)
sprinkly (things that make you feel good)

Edited and added LOL :
oopsidently (oops! and accidentally)
befaffled (I be baffled)

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    What are your isms?

Does anyone else have words out there that they have just sort of...started using before you knew it was a word or made it up? (Hokay, I'm not laying claim to words...LOL But still???)

I have never heard of the word "fantabulous" before. I just started using it and well, now I hear it.

Today while watching the new SUBWAY commercial...They said, "Hit the new Subway extra value mean and dig into an entire foot of fantabulous flavor for a freakishly low price."

I just think Subway should pay me for the word for attempting to bring it back. LOL

Other Sandisms

fantabulous (fantastic and fabulous - very wonderful)
    confuzzled (confused and puzzled - very confused)
    skrodys (skanky roady - nasty female concert goer)
    hippopotomouscycle
    e-voiding (when you ignore some one's e-mail in hopes to ditch them)
    sprinkly (things that make you feel good)

Edited and added LOL :
    oopsidently (oops! and accidentally)
    befaffled (I be baffled)
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i use alot of isms but most are to PG13 to post...

vomitatious

thats the only one i can think of right this second thats not inappropriate lol
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It's not really made up I guess but when someone says something off the wall or if I just could not understand a word they said I say "you stepped in what?"
  • jackeh
    Options
    It's not really made up I guess but when someone says something off the wall or if I just could not understand a word they said I say "you stepped in what?"

:laugh: thats funny im gonna have to use that one.... that is if you let me use it:indifferent:
  • mholmes
    Options

:laugh: thats funny im gonna have to use that one.... that is if you let me use it:indifferent:

lol, use away lady! And fantabulous is up there with fabtastic which I've been sayin since middle school. I also say groovy and "dig" a lot. lol... What was that Color Me Bad Song they said that in? I laughed for an hour the last time I heard it.... "dig"... hehe :laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

LOL Love it.

I use to get so sick of people asking me if I was having twins or triplets when I was preggers with my son. So when those people would ask me something stupid I'd say, "How many bananas did you have?"

I'd get the dumbest looks. But the topic quickly ended. :laugh: Every once in a while I'll still say that if someone asks me something dumb that isn't their business. Ya know, some stranger walking up the store asking about a scar on my face from my bike wreck a while back. Sheesh... Usually, they spend more time trying to figure me out and forget about the scar. LOL
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    OMG, I'm brain dead this morning. I have a couple I use all the time and I can't think of them right now:embarassed:

I'll have to get back to you on this one.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I also say groovy and "dig" a lot. lol... What was that Color Me Bad Song they said that in? I laughed for an hour the last time I heard it.... "dig"... hehe :laugh:

All 4 One???
  • Dropka
    Options
    I say "poody"-- like feeling just blah, kinda sad and not wanting to do anything or go anywhere-- just BLAH
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    All 4 One???

I'm so glad you're my girl
    I'll do anything 4 U
    Call U every night
    And give U flowers 2
    I thank the Lord 4 U
    And think about U all the time
    I ask him everyday
    That you'll 4-ever B mine

I wanna hold your hand
    2 show U I'll be there
    I like 2 do the things
    That let U know I care
    I sing this lullaby
    'Cause girl U fill me full
    I look into your eyes
    You're so beautiful

Chorus:
    Oh girl I think I love ya
    I'm always thinkin' of ya
    I want ch-ya to know I do all 4 love
    I love it when we're 2-gether
    Girl I need you 4-ever
    and want U 2 know I do it all 4 love

I will never leave U sugar
    This I guarantee
    I look in-2 the future
    I see U and me
    Knight in shining armor
    I will B your fairy tale
    I wanna take care of U
    Girl, I'll serve you well.

I will B there 4 ya
    2 catch U when U fall
    I'll hold U in my arms
    That's where U belong
    I sing this lullaby
    'Cause girl U fill me full
    I look in-2 your eyes
    You're so beautiful...beautiful...yeah!

Chorus:
    Yo-Come here sweetheart
    I want U 2 know something all right
    See Everyday N my life without U
    Is like a hundred years
    The distance B-tween us
    An ocean of tears
    See all the things I do 4 U
    Are 4 love dig it

All 4 lovin' (all for love)
    All 4 U (U)
    All 4 lovin' U...U...U...(U)
    Repeat Chorus
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    What was that Color Me Bad Song they said that in? I laughed for an hour the last time I heard it.... "dig"... hehe :laugh:

or...

Groovy Now?? LOL

Free your mind for the journey
    Close your eyes
    Got me burnin
    I wanna give you good love
    Lay you down
    Sexy young thing
    Are we groovy now

Chorus:
    And I want your body
    Groovy now
    Wanna freak that body
    Groovy now
    Wanna sex your body
    Groovy now
    Gonna rock that body
    Groovy now

Take you time
    Dont look back baby
    Sweet desire
    Heart attack mama
    Get it on
    Freaky young thing
    And were groovin on
    Chorus

Free your mind were gonna take a journey
    Close you eyes mama
    coz you got me burnin
    Lay you down
    Sexy young thing
    Groovy now
    Chorus
  • mholmes
    Options
    I've also gotten back into the kick of making fun of someone when they stumble over their words... and mumbling loudly like the talking stain commercial.... I know that sounds mean but I only do it lovingly to the people who know and love me :laugh:
  • jackeh
    Options

lol, use away lady! And fantabulous is up there with fabtastic which I've been sayin since middle school. I also say groovy and "dig" a lot. lol... What was that Color Me Bad Song they said that in? I laughed for an hour the last time I heard it.... "dig"... hehe :laugh:

Colour me bad bahahahahahahahahah
    i havent heard them in forever
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9li1w2sMyE
  • mholmes
    Options
    I also say groovy and "dig" a lot. lol... What was that Color Me Bad Song they said that in? I laughed for an hour the last time I heard it.... "dig"... hehe :laugh:

All 4 One???

:laugh: HAHAHA! That's it.... love it.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    shpritz for anything that comes out of a spray bottle....I don't know if that counts..
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I've also gotten back into the kick of making fun of someone when they stumble over their words... and mumbling loudly like the talking stain commercial.... I know that sounds mean but I only do it lovingly to the people who know and love me :laugh:

So you say you are making fun of *spechel* friends? SHEESH! LOL :laugh: :wink: :tongue:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My word is "poopy" in place of shoot, darn it, or any other explicatives. I don't want my kids using some of the words that are now generally accepted even with teachers like "crap" or "sucks". I just don't like hearing those words coming out of my kids.

Another one is "confuddled" - confused and befuddled together.

I know there's a couple more, but I can't think of them right ow.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    shpritz for anything that comes out of a spray bottle....I don't know if that counts..

It counts!!! LOL
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    OH!!! I remembered another!!!

"befaffled" It means "I be baffled" LOL My husband once used it oopsidently at work. I was dying laughing when he came home and told me I needed to use normal words so he didn't use them at work. It was so funny! He said at least everyone perked up and it got their attention. LOL

Oh...and I have used oopsidently for years also.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    adding ilious to any word. As in Homer Simpson Sacrelicious (can't remember episode)

I've started calling those chain sit down restaurants "Fried Dining".