Should you play the balancing act?

Options
Yesterday was stupid and decided I needed toast smothered in cheese for a snack. Need to get some healthy foods in this house for moments like that.

But my question is, should I go lighter on the calories today? To make up for my over indulgence yesterday?

Replies

• chizzledfrmstone
    Options
    I personally wouldn't bother. Lowering calories even further for me would make me want to cheat later on.

If I had a snack out of my calorie range normally I'd just be a little bit more active to make up for it.
  • JenKoz4
    JenKoz4 Posts: 37
    Options
    Well it wouldn't be a huge problem to lower them today mainly because I'm at work so I won't have any opportunity to snack. And if I do it's the fruit I bring from home that I munch on and not crap from the store. I tend to under eat on days I work anyway since I can't be bothered to make a meal when I get home, so I suppose in the end it'll balance itself out?

But thank you for your advice. :)
  • faym87
    faym87 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just get right back on track the next day :) everybody gives in to temptation at some point x
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would not go to far below the 1200 mark no matter. Just move on from the oops you had, make better choice today. Find a health snack alternative so this won't happen again. Or just exercise to allow for the calories what ever works for you.
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    That's what I do. I don't try to make it up the next day, but I do try to make sure that my whole week balances out. I always go over on the days I don't exercise, but I make that up on the days I do. Works for me. I suppose it does depend on how many calories you're trying to make up. I've gone over by like 500calories, but then gone under by 100calories per day for the next 5 days. The other thing I do is skip! If I really want to eat something but don't have enough calories then I go and skip until I have enough!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't sweat it. You craved it. You at it. Its over. Today's calories won't make that big of a difference. Its not like you ate a pound worth of food. Just eat on plan for the rest of the week and get your exercise in. You don't want to start playing that tit for tat game with your calories. Accept the cheese toast as a allowance and move on.