Over on Sugar..... daily!!!

Options
I just love fresh fruit - and I thought it was healthy but im finding its making me go over on my sugar intake nearly ever day, at least its not over on fat I suppose but is being over on sugar most days better than being over on fat?

How does the body store sugar? The same as fat?

What fresh fruits do you know that are low in sugar please?

Replies

• louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    I have a thing for berries at the mo, cranberries and blue berries and I have also got a bit of a thing for raw carots - easy to take with you to work and the such.
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Sugar in burned as energy. If there's an excess, it causes insulin to be released into your body, which triggers store-fat mode. Sugar is your worst enemy. However sugar in fruit is coupled with fibre, which slows digestion process, and doesnt cause high insulin spikes like refined sugar does. As long as you dont go over by much, and its all natural, I wouldnt worry about it. I go over mine constantly, but its all diary and fruit...
    Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i am over on sugar EVERY DAY and it is due to fresh fruit. my doctor doesnt care and neither do i. :bigsmile:

i will NOT stop eating fruit with every meal..it's just not going to happen..i love it too much :drinker: so heres to FRUIT!! :drinker:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    summer fruits. berries watermelon, etc... also look at the sugar in the rest of what you are eating
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    Same here.

I could possibly lower it,but I won't,,because I don't want to start using sweeteners in my coffee.

I don't think it'd harmed my weight loss :)
  • rosieef
    rosieef Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sugar from fruit is far superior to sugar from mars bars...

I go over mine most days too, and it's (mostly) all from fruit. I am neither a doctor nor a dietician but it is my feeling that naturally occurring fruit sugars are OK, whereas sugar in chocolate bars is less OK.

I intend to carry on eating fruit regardless of how much I go over my daily sugar allowance!