A NSV - and also a sobering thought

Options
Cccaroline
Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
Having lost 22lbs all together I now weigh the same as I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my first child! How did I let myself get so big? I do feel positive though, that was one of my mini goals and I'm determind never to see this weight again!!!
What's your fav NSV so far? I would love to see them, post it here!!

Replies

• AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I had a nice little NSV tonight!! Back in February before I started on this weight loss journey, I went shopping at Ross for some cute shoes for a wedding I was going to. My feet were too fat to fit in the cute high heels and pretty sandals :cry: I settled for some flats that my feet stretched out. 4 months later and 32 pounds gone, I tried on the cute heels, and they fit!! My foot flab didn't even hang over the edges :happy:
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    After 9 weeks I went from a size 14 to a 8! But I think my fave was when I tried on my swimsuit from a couple years ago and it looks fantastic! No back fat hanging out! Congrats on your NSV! I'm sure u will hit all ur mini goals and ur final goal! Keep on keeping on!
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The lastest one for me is today wearing a skirt that fitted me around the waist at Xmas - it now sits on my hips! Good times :0)
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    I have 2 from the same day: I went to lane Bryant to get a new bra, and had to be fitted for a 38. Now that's not my final goal, but I was a 46 just in October. Then when I went to try on shorts size 14, they didn't fit. I didn't realize that there would be a day where i didn't fit into anything there. I was hoping it would happen, but I can't believe it's here already. Total lost today (it's been 8 months exactly since I started) 78lbs.

Congrats on your victory, & keep up the great work. Thanks for posting this thread.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 10lbs away from being at my pre-preg weight with my first child. I can't wait to get below that! I often wonder how in the world I let myself get here too. Congrats to you!
  • CallieCrocker
    Options
    How wonderful!! CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! :)

I actually just had my first NSVs this weekend. As silly as this sounds, the one that excited me most was the one that others might over-look. My wedding dress finally came in last week, so I went to try it on. While in my dress, I realized that, for the first time since I was a sophomore in high school, I have COLLAR BONES! I was ecstatic. Haha.
    Here's the link to my original post (with a picture!):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/256971-nsv-nsv-nsv

Keep up the good work! Congrats again on your loss :)
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Learning just how much my insomnia really does effect my weight. So I am working hard to get to bed at a decent time. Usually this means laying in bed listening to audiobooks until I fall asleep, but I am getting better :)

Of course getting up at 5:30 am 3 days a week really helps motivate me to bed earlier
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great to hear of your NSV's, you're all doing amazing:)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My absolute fav NSV so far was coming to the realization that I don't remember the last time I had heartburn. I suffered from chronic heartburn for years, but not at all since January. I not sure why the change, but guess as long as I don't go back to eating the way I did before...

My second fav was the day I needed to move my car seat forward to more comfortably reach the pedals. Never mind my jeans. I expected to need smaller sizes of them eventually, but it hadn't occurred to me that I might shrink enough to make my car too big.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Going into a Jeans store with my wife and coming out with size 33 jeans! ( I have some 42s in the closet, YIKES)
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    My best favorite NSV was actually today. We had a cake at work today. In Honor of me getting an award. I had one bite and left the rest. I didn't even think about it. I just did it. It shows me that I am truly making progress.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wedding dress shopping, and they zipped up the sample size!

I'm still working on it, since I chose a dress that won't hide absolutely anything at all (and the back is cut way too low for spanx!). :blushing:
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I've been totally off my GERD (heartburn) medication for almost a month. I'm not sure if it's the food plan or the weight loss, but I'm really happy about it.

Also, a co-worker commented today that I'm starting to look like what she remembers from when we first met over 30 years ago.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My absolute fav NSV so far was coming to the realization that I don't remember the last time I had heartburn. I suffered from chronic heartburn for years, but not at all since January. I not sure why the change, but guess as long as I don't go back to eating the way I did before...

I've cut my meds by 75%! Not sure I even need em still but worried about an attack during the night. Going to cut down more this week.
  • jpalmer7384
    Options
    I have 2 from the same day: I went to lane Bryant to get a new bra, and had to be fitted for a 38. Now that's not my final goal, but I was a 46 just in October. Then when I went to try on shorts size 14, they didn't fit. I didn't realize that there would be a day where i didn't fit into anything there. I was hoping it would happen, but I can't believe it's here already. Total lost today (it's been 8 months exactly since I started) 78lbs.

Congrats on your victory, & keep up the great work. Thanks for posting this thread.

I too am looking forward to the day where nothing in that store fits me but a bra!! I am sick of being PLUS size!! And that is why I am here!
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    Options
    This might be weird....and I just realized it about two weeks ago...

I have bunions. and there's really nothing you can do about them unless you get them surgically removed. When I went to the doctor to get checked out before I started working out with a program I had mentioned it, and the doctor basically told me I was just going to have to push through it and if I wanted to lose weight there was no other way unless I spared the 3-4 months of healing after surgery first. - which I could never afford anyway.

I just realized now that I've knocked off 35ish pounds that I honestly haven't had that much trouble with my feet when running anymore. usually by the end of the day I'm in pain - but its very rare now. I didn't know weight loss would help. no one ever told me that - not even the internet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!