No more SCALES!! Join me??

Options
Okay- I have vowed to my friends and family to quit weighing myself. Every time I do I get frustrated, disappointed, and grumpy! I have a Vegas trip in a week and a half- I am doing my best to lose some fat and gain some confidence back!

The scales are bad! I can see a difference and that makes me feel good- then I get on the scale and get mad!

I am proposing a no scale month. Let's see how our confidence changes with the hard work we are putting in and just how we feel!

WOOOHOOO :tongue: :wink: :bigsmile:

Replies

• kallio
    Options
    Okay- I have vowed to my friends and family to quit weighing myself. Every time I do I get frustrated, disappointed, and grumpy! I have a Vegas trip in a week and a half- I am doing my best to lose some fat and gain some confidence back!

The scales are bad! I can see a difference and that makes me feel good- then I get on the scale and get mad!

I am proposing a no scale month. Let's see how our confidence changes with the hard work we are putting in and just how we feel!

• suzitto
    Options
    I can't do it. Its an addiction. I weigh everyday and I know I shouldnt and my husband gets onto me, but I just cant stop.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

I'd join you, but my challenge as a member of the Purple Team is to weigh in......

:flowerforyou:

Good luck to you!
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    OOOOHHHH! I support ya....just don't know if I could actually do it. When I read this I thought YEAH!....but I am not sure I can go there. I don't weigh myself every day, but probably every other. It has been depressing lately....ya know what...I'm gonna do this with you. I have a lot of weight to lose so it really doesn't matter what that thing says for right now. I'm just gonna keep eating good, keep getting my butt to the gym at 5:30 am and I will "FEEL" the results soon......Right?!? HELP!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Good luck! :flowerforyou: I could say "Yeah, I'll join you!" but I know I won't really... I'm the girl who runs to the scale after I'm done working out to see if I've lost anything. It's a sickness. :laugh: :sad:
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel
    My scale and I are in a state of Negotiated Peace.

When I come near, it whispers, "...is this the hill you want to die on" ya know like they ask in military strategy. when you are about to make a tactical decision, regarding an enemy position.
    depending on how brave I feel, I either climb on, or stay well away.

you see my scale is very powerful. it has the power to throw an otherwise happy day, into a tailspin of despair and hopelessness. And I have therefore learnt the hard way that "..discretion is a better part of valor".
    Unfortunately...With my weight and I, seeing is believing. if I dont weigh, I delude myself I am a size 0. Even if I have to use a shoe horn to ease me through the freeway and stop me getting stuck. Unfortunately, as hard and painful as it sometimes is...I have to weigh. I just had to learn to do it less often, than before, to maintain the tenous link I have with sanity at this stage.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Mankind SOMEHOW managed to survive thousands of years in civilization without stepping onto a scale.
    Hmm...what an idea.

I'm in.

I choose not to allow myself the addiction.
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I promise I will try! The only scale I have is at the gym and We don't even have one at the house sooooo I only have to avoid it for two hours daily! shouldn't be that hard right!?

So from right now till oct 18th no scales!!!!!
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    I have broken that addiction. It seriously affected every aspect of my life in a negative way!
    Especially since I have only lost about 22 pounds since December.
    I have lost tons of inches and gained a lot of muscle.

I am now on this challenge thing where I have to weigh like once a week, and it is freakin me out!:wink:
  • dlr2103
    Options
    I will join also! :smile:

loss-ticker]42689.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I am in for sure. I will just tuck my scale away where I can't see it. It will be so exciting to see the result in a month. Let's Go!

So since I did get on the scale this morning I will start tomarrow.
    My Stats today are 162 lbs
    Hopefully in 4 weeks I hope to be 155 lbs. That is what I am shooting for...wish me luck!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :flowerforyou: I could say "Yeah, I'll join you!" but I know I won't really... I'm the girl who runs to the scale after I'm done working out to see if I've lost anything. It's a sickness. :laugh: :sad:

I couldn't do it either.
    I jump on the scale every day after my workout. It's the only motivation I have. If I'm losing weight, I get giddy. If I've gained any, I resolve to eat a decent dinner and drink more water/less soda.

Good luck to all of you who are taking to NO MORE SCALES challenge!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kallio
    Options
    I hear ya about the scale addiction! But, for me lately it has been a real disappointment. It can literally ruin my day. I figure if I do my best- eat good and workout hard- I will see real results in the clothes and the way I look.

Next week I have a dr's appointment. I am even going to tell the nurse who weighs me that I don't want to know. It will be 3 days before my Vegas vacation and if the scale says something bad I will feel like a fatty the whole trip!

Good luck to all who have joined the challenge with me! Just think about what we could see in a month!!!
    :drinker: :happy: