Killing time with Exercise-- I'd love some suggestions!

Options
I am a teacher and am currently off for summer vacation. I suddenly have a lot of time on my hands and would like to spend a lot of it with exercising. I am looking for workout suggestions that will be productive, take longer amounts of time, but won't make me too sore that I won't be able to repeat the following day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, Zumba Fitness is the bomb! So much fun and I burn tons of calories doing that. Swimming is also something I plan to do a lot of this summer too! Good luck finding an activity that works for you!
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just recently got into frisbee golf! It burns a good amount of calories and it's fun. I love it and play it with my husband almost everyday. They have free parks all over the place, you just need to buy discs and they are about 10-20 dollars a piece but you can also get them on ebay. Check it out. http://www.pdga.com/
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Garden, hiking, I sit on the exercise bike with a book and if it's a good book,I can easily do 45-50 mins without realising it.
  • SweetieChops
    Options
    Try walking. It's low impact, but if you include a few hills and go at a decent pace with your music on, you'll find the time flies and no real aches, so it can be done most days.

Add in a bit of cycling, start with a short distance and then build up and you'll find you could be building up some major miles in no time at all.

I've found that my legs have really toned and I'm getting a nice tan too!

Good luck :)
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Grab some fresh air and go cycling. You can make it as low or high impact as you want, visit friends, do the shopping.....
  • Kellieg83
    Kellieg83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Swimming and pole dancing lessons are both great for working out - they use lots of muscles and burn cals! Running is also great, you should mix up your exercise routines though.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Enrol in dance classes.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The first thought I had was walking. Find several nearby parks, rotate through them for variety. Pack a healthy lunch in a cooler and a book and spend some quality time with yourself. Add some yoga and you've got what sounds like heaven to me....
  • ashleyxnicole89
    ashleyxnicole89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you have someone to play with, Volleyball! You don't have to be competitive, I do it for fun, plus I play with my bikini on so I get a nice tan while doing it! :)
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like finding workouts on youtube, sparkpeople is my favorite for now.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone/iPod you can check out the free app Nike Training Club.