Problem with my HRM--HELLLP!

Options
I have the Polar FT7. I was wondering if anyone else who has/had one of these had a problem with the watch display cracking. I've had the HRM for less than a month. I wear it for running and cycling and the watch display has already cracked. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to get the watch replaced by Polar? I looked at the "warranty" information in the info booklet and it sounds like they don't cover displays cracking (or pretty much anything else). I'm really disappointed that it's already breaking after a month because I heard so many good reviews. Thanks guys!!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have had my Ft7 for almost 2 years with no problem.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I 've not had a problem with my FT7. I've had it about 5 months now and it never comes off. I did accidentally whack it against the table and got a scratch but that was all.
  • needtoloseweight25
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and it has a two year warranty so things go wrong I mail it back to the people. I am not sure what they fix under warranty, but you probably should call them to find out.
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    My guess is that Polar will not replace it. The watch face shouldn't crack for no reason. So most likely it was dropped, or you accidentally hit the face into something that cracked the screen. Either way, Polar will most likely say that it was an "accident" that caused the damage, not a manufacturing defect. Most companys do not cover accidental breakage. I would still call and ask. It can't hurt, and you never know, there are still a few companies out there that might do it.

On another note, where did you buy it from, and what is their return policy? You may be able to go that route too.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I've had my Polar for almost 2 years. I've had no problems, nor have I seen anybody online have any problems about the face cracking. Like someone else said, try to return it at the store you bought it from.

Sounds like it was dropped or accidently hit, and I agree Polar probably won't replace it. A phone call can't hurt though.