Another newbie

Options
Hi everyone. This website has been a big eye opener for me. I keep gaining weight, and am now up to 224. I am sick of having to buy new clothes because the old ones no longer fit. It is time for a change.

I've known that the way to start is to track what you're eating, but to honest, I was almost afraid to. No wonder. When I started my account here, turns out I was at or over 3K calories/day! :noway:

So I've now been using the diary on this site for 1 week. I have come down in calories each day, and yesterday was at ~1800, under the daily goal since I took an hour long walk. I didn't realize it until looking at the reports, but I exercised every day last week, and even though one of those days was only 15 minutes, and some of those walks were at a slow pace because I was walking with my 2 y/o, that's still more than I usually get sitting on the couch watching tv. :blushing:

I am using the food diary as a guide, but really trying to switch to healthier foods, like yogurt, nuts, fruits, salads, and if my day is mostly comprised of those things and my meals are reasonable calorie-wise (300-500), then I am okay with going over a little (my goal is 1680 according to this site). I would like to get down to 160, which I know is a reasonable weight for me. It's the weight I maintained for 4+ years after graduating from college. 160 was a size 12, and I would love to be that again. Eventually, after I get used to exercising, I think I would like to do the C25K program too for exercising. I really need to build up my cardio, since I get winded walking up 1 flight of stairs, so I think a running program would be good for that.

So now that I've rambled on and on, let this be my official hello. I'm feeling really good, and feeling like I can do this, which is different than past times when I've wanted to try to eat better, so I figure that's a good thing. :wink:

Replies

• NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!!

You have come to the right place :happy:
  • Choltor
    Choltor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! This website really does make it easy to lose weight, and for me at least, it has taught me quite a bit about what I can eat and still feel good. Just don't get discouraged if you go over on calories now and then, use it as a way to learn.

Glad you're on the journey with us!