HCG diet - safe and does it work

Options
I just read an article where Dr. Oz is stating that this is a good thing. It also talks about shots, nasal sprays, drops etc. So for anyone who has tried this, what are your thoughts? Wht methond did you use? Is it safe? What were some of the side effects that you suffered? Did it work? And did you keep it off?

Replies

• jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi,

There have been quite a few message threads regarding HCG. If you entered HCG into the Search option on this page you should find many discussions about it.

good luck!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    HCG is highly expensive, so you'd need to be financially fit to be able to afford the shots. Also, it puts you on an extremely low calorie diet. From what research I've done, it's either a 500 or 800 calorie a day program. For someone who loves food, why would you want to eat so little? I completely disagree with the fad diet, which is all it is. Dr. Oz probably endorses it because it's all the rage right now and surely he gets some type of cut. It's extremely unhealthy for you and it's not a long time lifestyle change. I think if you really want to lose the weight to be healthy, you need to do it the right way. Yes, the results are amazing and it's a quick fix. I have a friend who's dropped probably 6 pant sizes in the course of 5 months. But eventually you're going to gain it back going off HCG and/or eating more than your pathetic 500-800 calories a day. My personal advice is to not do it, but that's entirely up to you.
  • Skyloop
    Skyloop Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used it. I bought he HCG Activator from GNC. Only 80 bucks. Lost 22 pounds in 30 days. Weight is still holding. However, from my experience...the 500 calorie part is easy....its the 3 week maintenance phase. If you don't do that right, the weight will return. During this time you can eat whatever you want up to 1500 calories. But, you can't have starches and sugar.....THAT'S HARD cause you'll find everything has that stuff in it. So basically you must eat more of the right stuff to get calories....it's a lifestyle change for us..but a good one. Oohh.... my wife did it as well she lost 16 pounds.
  • Lesamay
    Lesamay Posts: 4
    Options
    I was going to start in June after school (I'm a teacher), but first I started tracking my calories. That was March 1st, Ive lost 30 lbs. now. So I think I'll save my money and just stick with My Fitness Pal.