sleeping more than normal?

Options
I've been sleeping a lot more than normal over the last week or so (exams are over so I am just because I can!). It occured to me today though that sitting in bed or sleeping more than normal will obviously mean I burn less calories. does anyone know how I can try to factor that into just how much less I should be eating? I was awake for less than 12hours yesterday compared to my normal 16-17!

Replies

• rachkee
    rachkee Posts: 3
    Options
    If you have your calories figured by the lightly active choice or higher, maybe pick a level one lower.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Get your bottom out of bed and start your day! if you are over 8 hours of sleep then get up. If you want to get healthy start moving.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I suggest you stop sleeping so much. It probably is ok and even good after going through exams with the extra stress and late nights, but I would suggest pick your bed time and wake time and stick to it allowing about 8 hours for sleep. Too much sleep can be as harmful as too little, leaving you sluggish all day. Reducing your activity level would just be encouraging a not very good habit to form.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Actually, I believe that sleeping burns more calories per hour than watching TV. I'm not sure as to the why that is. But if you only replace your sedentary hours with sleep, then you might actually burn MORE calories.