New here, but not new to the battle...

Options
cscox708
cscox708 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all,

I just turned 51 and am becoming more and more aware of the fine tunings of my body. I seem to notice every day how something that has always worked, no longer does. And how now there are other things that just seemed to have crept up on me...like extra weight around the middle, loss of muscle tone, etc. I'm working hard on coming to terms with aging, but it sure is not easy. So in order to feel good, and not so round (although my hubby likes my curves), I'm here to lose a few pounds, gain back some muscle tone, and raise up my spirits and find a few friends in the same battle with me!

Wish me luck!
Carol in Indiana

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for almost a year. I have lost the weight I wanted and do it now to maintain. I love it and you will too. Just log on everyday and be honest. Try to limit your processed and fast foods. If you cook it you can usually make it healthier and in turn will benefit greatly. One day at a time, Slow and steady what ever works. Just don't give up. It takes a little getting use to before you realize what is good and what is not. Take your time and learn and the rest will come. If you have any questions just ask , someone is always on here to answer. Good luck and welcome.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    double post
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi Carol, this site has been a god-send to me. I have lost 25 pounds since February-and have managed to keep it off. I have more energy and feel so much better. Best of luck to you!
  • billie_bedsole
    Options
    you can do it!!!
  • Sus2nM0rs2
    Options
    good luck to you...I know what you mean. I have CMT so even at my young age of 41, I know the story. My weight came on really bad. Around my marriage of almost 19 years ago, I weighted about 180 lbs and in October I weighted 276. In December I had the gastric sleeve surgery being that I had tried things over the years to loose weight. As of today, I have lost a total of 79 lbs and still losing. The one thing I have learned from all of this is that my scale is my friend and not my enemy. I get on it every morning, allowing it to fluctuate a lbs or so but if its 2 lbs, I know I have to start behaving again. The other day, I ate potato chips and it surprised me on awful it made my body feel
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi Carol, a member of the 50+ club here, too. I've noticed all the same things you have and began noticing about 3 or 4 years ago that my body didn't shed the calories the way it used to.

I've been here for just over 3 weeks and have dropped 14 lbs so far and feel great!! Stay vigilant and log everything no matter how insignificant it seems. It'll only help you in the long run.

Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.

Bob in MA
  • jtkelley420
    Options
    Good luck!!