What does NSV stand for?

Options
I dont mean to be dense, but I have seen this abbreviation recently and cant figure out what it stands for.

Replies

• _Virginia_
    _Virginia_ Posts: 49
    Options
    Bump
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Non scale victory...say when you get a compliment or similar.
  • Jenna1971
    Jenna1971 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks! I have been racking my brain and would have never come up with that!! Have a great day! :)
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    This could also be when you go down a clothing size, fit into something you couldn't get into for a long time, being able to do something physically that you found difficult before, etc. :smile:
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    This abbreviation is used on WW threads. So, another question - what is BUMP? I've seen that as well.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm at a lose as to what "bump" means too....
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks for asking! I was confused too. But I think NSVs should really be what we're all striving for. Numbers on the scale are an imperfect indicator of health -- but the physical ability to live a long, healthy, active life is the real goal.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    saying "Bump" mena you want to see the response too. Kind of a way of tagging yourself in a thread..
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump = you agree with the previous post.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am thinking she posted "bump" just to post so that this thread would get "bumped" to the top of the list on the board
  • aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    I think Bump is used when you are trying to keep a thread active. Waiting for the question to be answered.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Here is an online definition from askville by amazon:

It's used to bring the question to peoples attention
    People use it to "bump" the question to the top of the discussion list. If the "Active Discussion" tab on the home page is listed by time, with the most recent discussion at the top. So, by typing bump, it potentially brings the question to the attention of anyone browsing the Active Discussions.

Additionally, it pops the question up to the top of the "Discussions" list for the people already involved in the question, either the question asker, question answerers, or other discussion participants.

People use "bump" to try to get other Askvillers' attention, whether to get more answers to the question, or simply to restart a stalled discussion.

"Bump" is just shorthand for "bump to the top of the list". Any comment would serve the same purpose, though. For example, if you were interested in trying to get more answers, you could type "hey, anyone else interested in giving an answer?". It would serve the same purpose by bumping it up to the top of the discussion lists.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Typically on any message board, a bump is used to bring a thread up to the top of the list, making it recent. So it is to "bump" up the thread. Here, I think it is also used by individuals to bring a thread into their "My Topics" list, so a thread easier to find and follow.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    Thanks!