FireRunners (closed C25K group) week of 6/6 :)

Options

Replies

• Margot18904
    Options
    I'm still here! Did W6 D3 today and it was tough going but I got there. Only 5 days now until our first 5k so I'm determined to keep up with the programme and hoping to run the whole thing - not fussed about times, just want to get round! Will be out next on Friday (I do Zumba on a Thursday) and then it's race day Sunday. Well done to everyone who is still sticking with it - keep up the great work!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 done yesterday - it seemed odd to be stopping after only 5 minutes! Still did it the way to program advises

Well done to all who are still running :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Yeah I did my run yesterday but didn't log it... For some reason I only got 5 minutes of running in total because I got some chest pains again. I don't know what this chest pains thing is all about, I'm thinking about talking to my doctor about that and my wrist soon. I did 23 minutes of walking though, which was good :smile:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    W5D1 complete! I fell 1 week behind because I was very ill :( boo! I'm so excited that I was able to start up again, it's amazing how much you miss it when you can't do it! The best part was that I didn't even struggle even though I thought I would because I had stopped for that long! Great work everyone!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    On Monday, I made a foolish move and tried to do W5D1 in 99 degree heat. I made it through the first couple of walks and the first five min run and well that second five minute run, I should have gone straight to emergency but I didnt.

Lets just say I will NOT be doing that again.

I havent felt like moving much since then.

I may try again this evening if I can get up enough energy.

Yall be safe out there and NO workouts in the heat. :embarassed:
  • Leanz
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 completed! All good.

It is coming up to our shortest day and we are having frosty mornings and evenings,its hard to imagine it being SO hot
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    I actually did kind of a random run pattern today, but I did C25K (I was helping a friend get started on the program). I did a total of 26 minutes of exercise for a total of 314 calories burned (when you take out my BMR cals).
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am dropping out. I still havent regrouped since Monday's mishap. Lingering headache, overall body pain,etc.

I still plan to walk and jog (some) but I dont want to hold up the groups progress. I am going to start Cto5K when the weather cools a bit.

Good luck to all.
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    W5D2 Complete! I was shocked to look down and see that the mintues went up by 2 just from the other day....lol...I had to double check and make sure that I was actually on Week 5 Day 2. I took a look at D3 and looks like I'll be running for 20 minutes straight! Yikes....:happy:
  • Margot18904
    Options
    I've just done W7 D1 in the rain here and loved it! Felt better than the last session, even though they were both 25 minute runs. It was my last run before our 5k on Sunday, and I'm feeling more confident about getting round now :smile:

Well done everyone for sticking with it!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    I am dropping out. I still havent regrouped since Monday's mishap. Lingering headache, overall body pain,etc.

I still plan to walk and jog (some) but I dont want to hold up the groups progress. I am going to start Cto5K when the weather cools a bit.

Good luck to all.

:frown: We'll miss you but I understand. I'm beginning to wish I had started this in September instead of May. This summer is just ridiculous so far!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I finished week 6 yesterday! I can't believe I ran for the entire 20 minutes! It felt great:)
  • Margot18904
    Options
    I ran my first 5k race today and I'm so pleased - I only had to walk for two short uphill stretches but still finished in just under 35 minutes. I've really got the bug now and can't wait to get out again!

To those who've had to drop out, I hope you are able to start again some time soon and to everyone still going, keep it up!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    I ran my first 5k race today and I'm so pleased - I only had to walk for two short uphill stretches but still finished in just under 35 minutes. I've really got the bug now and can't wait to get out again!

To those who've had to drop out, I hope you are able to start again some time soon and to everyone still going, keep it up!

WOOOOOOOOTTTT!!!! You GO!!!! Awesome inspiration! :smile: Jeez I'm still on Week 3... I must be super out of shape! :tongue: I think it will be easier in the fall when the weather cools down... But I'm going to keep doing my best in the summer anyway, even if I go slower...
  • Leanz
    Options
    Still running! Week 7 Day 1 -25 minutes, again.

I am doing another challenge and set a goal - to keep running, be a shame to waste all the work I have done!
  • Margot18904
    Options
    W7 D2 done here, felt great! I treated myself to some new runniing gear last weekend and it made a difference, I felt more like a 'proper' runner wearing it. Next goal is a 3.5 mile race in September and I'm thinking about aiming for either Bridge to 10k or one hour runner after this - keep it up everyone!
  • Leanz
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 today but I just couldn't keep the legs and breathing going! Had a very very busy day - on the move all day, maybe that was why. Gutted but will do it on Saturday again - I have done it a couple of times already so I CAN do it :ohwell:
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Ugh I feel so lazy after not doing C25K this week. I'm definitely going to start again on Monday!
  • 123nikki123
    Options
    I am almost finishe week 6...tomorrow will be my last run of that week and I'm so excited! Looks like I'll be saying goodbye to the walking/running and doing just straight running from here on! Wowzers, amazing how you can train your body in suck little time! COngrats to all of us that have been sticking with it! Cheers:)
  • Margot18904
    Options
    Went out this morning for W7 D3 but really struggled, so went back to intervals and pretty much ran 1 minute, walked 1 minute. I had really sore ribs and cramp in my tummy, but I'm going to aim to get out again tomorrow evening and get back on to my schedule. I'm disappointed with today but it's just one run and I know I can do it!