Gluten free coconut flour pancakes!

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
I found a recipe on a blog and kind of tweaked it to my liking!! They turned out amazing, just like regular pancakes!!

I added the recipe w/ a picture to the recipe database. Coconut flour pancakes

Ingredients:
4 Tbs coconut flour
1/4 Tsp Baking powder
Tiny pinch of salt
1 T. PB 2 powdered peanut butter (optional)
1/2 cup eggbeaters (or you could use 4 egg whites or 2 whole eggs)
1/2 Cup water (may use less depending on consistency of batter…add slowly until pancake consistency forms!)

Method:
In a medium size bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. Then slowly add the eggbeaters and water and mix. (you can also use a blender, hand-held mixer, or immersion blender to mix up ingredients with ease!) *Note: Batter will be a little thicker than typical pancake batter, but should still be ‘thin’ enough to pour onto a griddle!
Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
Top with your favorite pancake toppings.

This makes 3 pancakes (1 serving!)

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sodium
Bell Plantation - Pb2 Powdered Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp 23 3 1 3 1 47
Bobs Red Mill - Organic Coconut Flour, 4 Tbsp 120 16 4 4 10 60
Kroger - Break-Free Eggbeaters, 1/2 cup 60 2 0 12 0 230
Water - Tap, 4 oz 0 0 0 0 0 3
Argo - Baking Powder, 0.25 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 190
Add Ingredient
Total: 203 21 5 19 11 530
Per Serving: 203 21 5 19 11 530

203 calories/
21g carb/
5g fat/
19g protein/
11g fiber/
530mg sodium

I topped mine w/ 1/2 cup raspberries (I warmed them slightly in microwave w/ 1 packet stevia so it was more syrupy). You could top w/ natural PB or your other favorite pancake toppings!

Here's a link to the blog that inspired me! http://www.dashingdish.com/2010/05/peanut-butter-cake-pancakes/

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!

Thank you for sharing!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    This is a very basic recipe... I am planning to make different kinds now! You could add bananas or berries to the batter... the possibilities are endless! I'm thinking of chocolate pancakes using protein powder too. :bigsmile:
  • csellerssmith
    csellerssmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jess - my 8 year old is gluten free and she loves pancakes! I can't wait to try these!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    ooh sounds good ill try that. thanx
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Thanks Jess - my 8 year old is gluten free and she loves pancakes! I can't wait to try these!

You're welcome! Have you tried using coconut flour before?? I have been GF for about a year now, it's helped me SO much!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    :) mmmmm thanks
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Does coconut flower taste like coconuts??? Silly question but you never know :)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Does coconut flower taste like coconuts??? Silly question but you never know :)

No, it doesn't. It's kind of hard to describe until you try it. But it's good, low in carb, and high in fiber!
  • jencoz04
    jencoz04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    looks yummy