Just starting to jog

Options
How do I log when I'm walking and jogging? It's never the same amount of time so never the same burn. I'm just starting to add a bit of jogging to mix things up but confused on best way to log it.
Thanks!

Replies

• CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    do you have a heart rate monitor? I have one and it's awesome, you might want to invest in one, then you can create your own exercise.

You're doing great, keep up the fantastic work!
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    Take your time, divide by number of miles to get pace, and then use that pace in MFP. It's pretty accurate.

If you dont want to go through all that trouble, you can basically just do ~100 calories per mile.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I use a tracker (endomondo) on my phone. it logs my distance and then gives me the pace I ran the distance in. When I plug it in, the calories burned are pretty consistant with all the programs I have used....
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Take your time, divide by number of miles to get pace, and then use that pace in MFP. It's pretty accurate.

Exactly, that's what I do.

Example, if I know that the distance is 2 miles and I've walked/run the distance in 18 minutes, I calculate the pace as a run at 9 minutes/mile.