Embarrassing problem...inner thigh pimples from working out

Options
Is anyone else having this problem? I'm working out at least 6 times a week and I'm getting these pimples on my inner thighs that can get kind of painful.

What should I do? Tighter workout pants? Baby powder?

Replies

• rmdemattia
    rmdemattia Posts: 26
    Options
    I often use baby powder w/cornstarch to help absorb the moisture.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants whenever I work out now because I had the same problem. There are other things you can do but I can't recall this second. Tighter workout pants worked for me though. Good luck!
  • mlmarian
    mlmarian Posts: 1
    Options
    Wear longer workout pants. I get the same thing if I work out in shorts but if you get the workout pants that go to your knees or the capri length ones, it will work. Hope this helps!!! =)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    get you a good pair of either softball sliding shorts or running (biking shorts) you can get them on amazon for like 10.00. it will stop chaffing all together,,,
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Many athletes/runners use Body Glide (it looks like a deoderant stick) found in the sporting stores-I found mine in the soccer area. You apply it on your thighs etc where you need it like a deoderant stick and it keeps your skin slick and prevents the painful rash. I love this stuff!
  • KrissyGoodwin83
    Options
    I also have had this issue, I use baby powder and tighter pants as the others do, but I also found neutrogena body acne wash to use after I work out, this has really helped to minimize them. Hope this helps!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Compression shorts, you can buy them on amazon. Cotton is miserable to work out in and makes the chafing worse, which is really what is happening. If you don't like how you look in compression pants, throw some additional shorts over the top.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There is this stuff called "Body Glide" you can get, bikers and runners where it, it helps with that issue. It is a gel you put on it comes in the same kind of container you use for deodorant. You could try that.

http://www.nationalrunningcenter.com/Body-Glide-Skin-Formula/productinfo/BG/
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Are they actually pimps or are they blood blisters? I used to get blood blisters but after my legs got thinner and didn't touch at all they went away.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Deodorant on your thighs. That's what I do when I wear skirts or shorts. It pretty much gets rid of any chaffing in that area. There's also a product called Body Glide that does the same thing. I prefer to work out in yoga pants (the capri kind) to prevent that problem tho, but since it's summer now, I bought a pair of slightly longer spandex workout shorts that cover my inner thigh.
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    If it is chaffing all the above advice is great. I have found though that when I work out and sweat profusely that if I don't take a shower soon after my workout I breakout. I have very sensitive skin and have always been prone to breakouts. :( I don't know if that will work but it is worth a try. Good luck!