Pre-period bloating

Options
just wondering....when do you start feeling bloated before your period? I feel like super bloated ,and I am not sure if is it is because I gained weight or because my period will come in approximately 12 days....
It is demotivating cuz I can never see real numbers for half a month on the scale... I was also trying a zig-zag diet, since it looked a hit a plateu... And guess what... It looks I have gained 2 pounds after it.... It sucks!
So what do you it is?
Any sensitive comment would be appreciated...:)

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    u're probably retaining water... drink more water!!!!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If you are bloating, you are retaining water. Drink a lot of water to flush out that bloat and you will feel better. I know that when I exercise right before my period it makes the cramps less painful. But that is just me. Good luck!
  • rainelenn
    rainelenn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tend to notice it about 8-10 before I start. I try to increase my water intake for that week before/during and it seems to help. Not sure if it will work for everyone though.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I bloat pre- period and the week when I ovulate!

I never knew before I started tracking everything in one place. I drink more water and it helps a bit but not much. I haven't found a way to make it stop completely but I do feel good knowing for certain that it will be gone soon.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I generally ensure that I am taking in approximately 3-4 L of water (16 1CUP portions) and it has helped with my bloating. I didn't have any bloating this past period and it made a HUGE difference in cramps. Take in some more water because your body needs it to run plus have your period. There are also certain foods to avoid such as dairy. Message me if you'd like some more help :)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    As stated before water will help greatly!! I am curretnly pre period right now too should be here in the next couple of days or so. Water water water helps with bloating and cramps!!
  • sweetgal2301
    sweetgal2301 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I usually see an increase 7-8 days before my period and it lasts 4 - 5 days after my period. I specifically drink more water these days and cut back on my salt a lot. I have also started on celtic sea salt or himalayan sea salt rather than the normal store bought brands. But what has helped me more than anything is consuming more vegetables. I specially eat/drink vegetable salads or smoothies during the two weeks and my water weight is stabalized. I specifically recommend green vegetables such as spinach, kale, lettuce, celery etc.
  • bb1266
    bb1266 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump bump!